Hydro Extrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique combination of local expertise, global network, and unmatched R&D capabilities, we can offer everything from standards profiles, to advanced development and manufacturing for most industries. Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 34,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Summary:The Mechanical/ProjectEngineer will report directly to the Maintenance Manager. They will provides recommendations to increase equipment efficiency and overall production system efficiency and reliability. Must be able to assist in defining project scope, conceptual design, evaluation of alternatives, cost estimates, detailed design, and start-up/ commissioning of assigned projects from concept to completion. Support maintenance team to ensure equipment functionality and reliability.
- Manage a variety of projects simultaneously: Provide alternate solutions. Provide cost estimates. Develop scope of work for project. Provide /Design drawings and specifications for project. Verify project design meets all regulatory codes and regulation, including Hydro standards. Provide requisitions and work orders for completion of project. Provide direction to labor force to complete projects.
- Work with internal and external engineering resources, equipment suppliers, and construction contractors to complete assigned projects within schedule and budget constraints.
- Perform a variety of engineering tasks such as analytical problem solving, design calculations, review of proposals from equipment suppliers and contractors, selection of equipment and contractors, and review and approval of vendor drawings, scheduling, and cost control.
- Provide engineering assistance to maintenance and manufacturing departments: Develop solutions for ongoing maintenance/reliability problems, evaluate equipment upgrades, update drawings to reflect changes made by maintenance, troubleshoot existing systems, coordinate/provide training and equipment documentation.
- Communicate schedules and project status within department, with other departments within the plant, and with equipment suppliers and construction contractors.
- Minimum of 5 years industrial experience
- Experience managing CAPEX projects
- Knowledge of Extrusion and Casting equipment processes a plus
- Knowledge of machine design, hydraulics, pneumatics, combustion,
- instrumentation and process control concepts
- Certified or working toward CMRP (Certified Maintenance and
- Reliability Professional) is a plus
- Ability to fully utilize all MS office products, ACAD/Solid works
- software, and MS Project
- Professional interaction with management, employees, contractors
- and vendors at all levels is expected.
- Some travel required
Education and Work Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, such as Mechanical,Electrical, or Industrial a plus
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
At Hydro you’re part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Please apply before: 05/31/2021Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing or by calling +1 (412) 643-3602.