Mechanical Engineer (Experienced Professional)
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Job Description Summary
MISSIONFor industrial investment projects within its scope, provides the equipment needed to achieve the project objectives at the best performance / cost ratio, using the standards.
Lead the pre-studies to define the most effective solutions.
Manage the design or integration by respecting the best practices of its business (internal, external standards, quality system, capitalization, archiving) in collaboration with all the relevant professions.
Pilot the realization, installation and commissioning.
Also supports plant with technical assistance requests (smaller expense projects to improve safety, quality, reliability or capability of equipment.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Feasibility studies are carried out with challenged and validated lists of expectation for project success, the possible solutions are evaluated from the point of view of costs, deadlines, risks, functional choice criteria.
- Integration studies are conducted in cooperation with other businesses.
- Change requests are managed according to the Release process.
- The quality system and the methods of his/her group are implemented (risk analyzes, FMEA, design reviews, quality planning, treatment of non conforms...).
- Validations are obtained after the phases of realization, installation, start-up and development of the equipment made in collaboration with related groups of the industry.
- Helps or leads resolution of mechanical issues in the plant as requested by shops (high level maintenance support)
- Completes machine modifications on smaller expense type projects (technical assistance projects to improve safety / quality / reliability / capability)
- Manages and supervises embedded mechanical design contractor
- Participates to North America’s mechanical group network
- Must have experience with AutoCad Mechanical and SolidWorks 3D solid modeling software
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineer, or equivalent experience
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin’s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes list of “Most Diverse Place to Work” and “Best Employer for New Grads”
- Fortune list of “World Most Admired Companies”
- Voted on the top 50 Employers list by the readers of Minority Engineer magazine, Women Engineer magazine and STEM Workforce Diversity magazine.
- Top Company for Women to work for in Transportation.
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Paternity leave
- Maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship