Do you want to be in a customer-facing role that leverages both your technical and communication skills? Do you want to be an Engineer but also get to use your people skills to sell cutting edge solutions?
This is an exciting time for you to kickstart your career in the IT industry. Digital transformation is everywhere, with technologies such as Multi-Cloud, Automation, IoT, AI/ML and 5G driving the next waves of innovation. Juniper Networks is at the heart of this transformation with its industry-leading technologies that are helping to resolve the most complex issues in connectivity.
As a Sales Engineer, you will not only help customers resolve their connectivity issues with groundbreaking technologies, but also empower them to drive their transformation to self-driving networks.
Sales Engineers are the technical specialists who work with our customers to understand their business issues, networking and security constraints, and then apply Juniper technology to solve those problems. SEs work with customers, partners (who sell Juniper solutions), and Sales every day. You will become the technical lead who advises the best way to deploy technology in their specific case, and you will be able to apply your passion for technology to excite them. If you enjoy real-world application of knowledge to seek solutions to problems, Sales Engineering is an extraordinary place to be!
Are you willing to unleash your potential?
The Associate SE Program is a career development program designed to rapidly onboard new engineers. The program starts in September 2021 with an intensive, hands-on training and development phase where you will begin to learn fundamental Juniper technology and professional skills.
You will then move into the apprenticeship phase of the program where you will focus on real-world projects to deepen your Juniper technology knowledge, hands-on skills, and customer interaction experience. While the learning curve is very steep, Juniper delivers a wide array of situations and customer scenarios to help you grow in any technology or solution area. The assignments may include one or more of the following: working in the field with a customer-facing or Partner SE, alongside Inside Sales Engineers, in a Proof of Concept Lab, developing automation or demo solutions.
Responsibilities will vary depending on each assignment, but will include such goals as the following:
- Attend and assist onsite customer presentations and engagements, including solution demonstrations
- Prepare technical responses to customer proposals/RFPs and follow up on customer questions
- Participate in the development of lab proof-of-concept configurations based on test plans
- Deliver training and workshops as part of Channel and Partners engagements
- Learn basic technical troubleshooting skills, including problem identification, reporting and understand critical issue management
- Seek to learn and build solutions that fit customer needs
- MUST BE a recent Masters or Bachelors graduate with a degree in a related field like Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- You must fluently speak English and the local language of permanent position - Spanish
- The right-to-work in the program country is essential for this position
- Knowledge in any of these areas: IP networking, virtualization, cloud orchestration, network automation/security/management solutions
- Strong communications skills, including writing and speaking
- Experience with Python or similar languages a plus
- Cloud networking and OS virtualization technologies knowledge a plus
- Interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Deep and incurable curiosity
- Ability for analytical thinking to solve technical problems
- The working language at Juniper is English
- Relocation is not available