Tokyo, 153-0051 JP (Primary)
Job Title: Japanese Translators/Reviewers
RWS Holdings plc is the world’s leading provider of technology-enabled language, content management and intellectual property services. We help our customers to connect with and bring new ideas to people globally by communicating business critical content at scale and enabling the protection and realization of their innovations.
Our vision is to help organizations interact effectively with people anywhere in the world by solving their language, content and market access challenges through our collective global intelligence, deep expertise and smart technology.
Customers include 90 of the globe’s top 100 brands, the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers worldwide. Our client base spans Europe, Asia Pacific, and North and South America across the technology, pharmaceutical, medical, legal, chemical, automotive, government and telecommunications sectors, which we serve from offices across five continents.
Founded in 1958, RWS is headquartered in the UK and publicly listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange regulated market (RWS.L).
For further information, please visit: www.rws.com
RWS Language & Content Technology division: offering the latest innovations in language and content management technology to help enterprises engage with global audiences – across any device. Our language technology enables enterprises to automate and manage the entire content lifecycle. And our web content and structured content management technology supports the creation, translation and delivery of global content at scale – in ways that are efficient, secure and compliant. The combination of our language and content technology – enhanced with state-of-the art Machine Learning – offers the capability to manage the ‘end-to-end’ translation supply chain.
About The Role:RWS Language & Content Technology division is looking for English to Japanese translators/reviewers (and translation supplier companies) to work on various clients’ localization projects.
The majority of the content to be localized is for the IT/technical industry, so IT technical document translation experience is a must. Experience with marketing content translation/writing is also needed.
By providing industry-leading technologies and the most advanced translation methodologies, RWS Language & Content Technology division keeps our clients ahead of the curve. We translate a lot of content for many of the world’s biggest Silicon Valley IT giants and could not do it without our translators.
- Understand the meaning of the source text and convey it faithfully in Japanese, while adapting to the client’s style and using the appropriate register to guarantee the text reads naturally (promoting readability).
- Research topics and terminology promptly and efficiently.
- Work in computer-assisted translation (CAT) and terminology tools as well as standard office automation software.
- Receive feedback from the client and RWS’s in-house Quality Team. Cooperate with them whenever adjustments need to be made in order to assure ‘good quality’.
- Perform a mixture of translation or review tasks based on project needs.
Language and Field Skills
- Prior experience in translation/review tasks, specifically for the IT/Technical industry and/or web/marketing content.
- Perfect command of all aspects and stylistic levels of Japanese.
- Proficient knowledge of English (the source language).
- Experience with at least one CAT tool is mandatory; experience with multiple tools is a big plus.
- Familiarity with internet technology technical and marketing components.
- Ability to follow language-specific subtitling guidelines provided by the client.
Job Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of five years of experience as senior-level professional translator.
- Experience as a coordinator or in-house senior translator at a translation company is a big plus.
- Public translation qualifications are a big plus, such as JTF Honyaku Kentei (especially 1st Grade).
How to Apply? Anyone who interested in working with us, please register here or contact us at JA_Supplier_Selection@rws.com.
Life at RWS
- We work hard together to deliver for our customers; our expertise, professionalism and determination to never let others down drives us to be passionate and serious about what we do, deliver customer value, yet always adding a human touch
As a company focused on connecting people through language, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our company culture. RWS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed in ensuring that all employees work in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination and one that actively promotes teamwork, diversity and trust. All employees have a right to be treated with respect and dignity. RWS operate in a manner for the inclusion of all - any form of discrimination is expressly prohibited. Employees are selected and promoted on merit alone and no other factors whether race, gender, age, religion, marital status, gender identity or disability are taken into consideration.
We are proud to work in a company where all can succeed and grow their career and while RWS operates in accordance with all local employment laws, if local law enables any form of discrimination this is against RWS company policy and we will adhere to the highest standard.
RWS is an Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran, and disability status. For more information about EEO/AAP legislation please visit: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Recruitment Agencies: RWS Group PLC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes to any RWS employees. Any unsolicited resume received will be treated as the property of RWS and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such resume will be considered null and void.