Executive Office Administrator
Company: The Boeing Company
Job ID: 00000242764
Date Posted: 2021-04-06-07:00
Location: USA - Arlington, VA
Job Description Summary: Performs the following tasks for E3 and above managers on the executive payroll: Coordinates and processes domestic and international business travel arrangements, monitors designated business traveler's logistics, generates expense reports and assists in reconciling corporate credit card charges to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement and verifies payments to corporate credit cards. Collects and compiles data to provide visibility of status for traveler's review and/or signature. Creates, edits and maintains electronic and written communication. Tracks and maintains information relative to department and business operations. Verbally communicates a wide variety of information to multiple audiences. Processes and screens incoming and outgoing communication and correspondence to ensure proper dissemination of information. Prioritizes and schedules management-level employee time and availability for efficient use of time. Tracks and maintains designated conference room schedules for availability and efficient use of resources. Coordinates with the appropriate focal(s) to support the acquisition and maintenance of resources. Orders and maintains office supplies. Plans and implements logistics for senior executive level internal and external events. Provides guidance to less experienced employees. Works under minimal supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation: No relocation available
Export Control Requirement: This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive: This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program This position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Executive Office Administrator to support the Executive Vice President - Government Operations. The ideal candidate has experience supporting C-suite executives, possesses a high degree of professionalism, and discretion, and is unflappable in high-pressure, fast-paced environments.
The candidate must be proactive, demonstrate a robust attention to detail and an ability to adjust priorities efficiently and effectively. They will also have the ability to quickly familiarize themselves at a high level with new issue areas as well as the ability to pivot from supporting work in one issue to the next.
This position is based in Arlington, VA and the candidate will be working in a team environment including the Chief of Staff and the Executive Assistant.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, co-workers and peers, while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information and while working under tight and often competing deadlines
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and implementing logistics for visiting Boeing senior executives and board members
- Process and screen incoming and outgoing communication and correspondence to ensure proper dissemination of information
- Prioritize, manage and schedule time and availability for most efficient use of time
- Coordinate domestic and international business travel, monitor traveler logistics, generate team expense reports, and reconcile corporate credit card charges to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement
- Create, edit, and maintain electronic and written communication
- Coordinate with the appropriate focal to support the acquisition and maintenance of resources.Order and maintain office supplies
- Act as liaison and representative of the office of the Executive Vice President - Government Operations
- Promote teamwork and value-added ideas to management and administrative staff
- Work under minimal supervision
- Work outside of normal business hours on occasion to support statement of work
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience providing administrative support to multiple customers such as executives, managers, and staff members
- Experience managing executive schedules and calendars using Microsoft Outlook
- Proficient utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- College degree
- 3+ years of experience with Concur or a similar travel and expense management program
- 3+ years of experience with the Ariba procurement system
- 5+ years of experience supporting C-Suite Executives
- 5+ years of experience in partnering with executives to help develop and manage the operating rhythm/cadence for executive leadership teams
- Working knowledge and/or experience working in an administrative or support function with the U.S. Executive or Legislative branches, trade associations and/or think tanks
- Adeptness in functioning as a liaison between customers and senior executives as well as superior work prioritization and multi-tasking abilities
- Excel at creating and sustaining effective working relationships with internal coworkers, executives and external audiences and partners while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Personable and professional phone demeanor; speak clearly, professionally and with decorum
- Mature and independent judgment, takes initiative, and is flexible; highly responsive to the needs generated by the day-to-day activities of management and the organization; planning tasks; and leading in a team environment
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically 7 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+5 years' related work, Bachelor+2 years' related work, etc.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift:This position is for 1st shift
Experience Level: Individual Contributor - D
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: UAMLID (U06)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud
- Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation
- Requesting Interview Accommodations
- Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster
- EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO
- Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment
- Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)