We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
As members of a central global function within the Yara group, our lawyers are an integral part of the group’s varied international activities. Yara offers driven and commercially-minded lawyers broad and complex professional challenges, and the opportunity to contribute to strategically important negotiations and decision-making processes. This includes actively supporting Yara’s ambition to deliver sustainable food solutions and enable a hydrogen economy.
We are seeking a lawyer with approximately 2-5 years of relevant experience to advise on commercial and corporate matters in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean. The successful candidate will help provide superior legal support for Yara’s operations in the region, including in the areas of commercial, corporate, contract, finance, technology, intellectual property, data privacy, competition, construction, M&A, real estate, environmental, tax and international trade law. The position will be based in Yara’s Tampa, FL office and will report to Yara’s VP Legal Americas.
- Provide superior legal support for Yara’s operations in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean, including commercial, corporate, contract, finance, technology, intellectual property, data privacy, competition, construction, M&A, real estate, environmental, tax and international trade law.
- Provide strategic and legal input for briefings to senior management.
- Proactively assess legal risks and mitigating actions and provide assistance and guidance to commercial and business teams.
- Prepare legal memos identifying and summarizing key legal risks.
- Provide legal support for Yara’s Farming Solutions initiatives, including Yara’s carbon project, digital farming activities and other new ventures and initiatives.
- Support Yara’s compliance with data privacy laws and policies and competition laws and policies.
- Negotiate, draft, review, and revise a broad range of commercial agreements.
- Support Yara’s supply chain team, including with respect to storage and handling agreements, transportation agreements and consultant/contractor agreements.
- Be able to advise directly on matters involving a number of differing legal systems worldwide.
- Manage external counsel, building and developing relations with external law firms in the region.
- Follow-up on regulatory requirements impacting Yara’s business in the region.
- Conduct legal training and monitor training compliance.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an ABA-approved law school.
- Admission to, and in good standing with, the Florida Bar.
- Experience in general commercial, corporate, trade, competition and data privacy law.
- Experienced in international business affairs.
- 2-5 years of relevant legal experience.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Solution-driven with a commercial mindset.
- Results-oriented with a structured approach.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Genuine interest in contributing to the collegial environment that Yara’s global legal team has developed over a number of years.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
Yara North America encourages and supports career growth and development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career.
Yara North America offers our employees a well-rounded Total Rewards package with competitive health care, life insurance, 401(k), and well-being benefits which include tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and paid maternity and paternity leave.
Tatiana Oliva, HR Manager
Apply No Later Than
April 21, 2021
Knowledge Grows Through Differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.