Pre-Sales Solution Architect - Role DescriptionThe Pre-Sales Solution Architect is responsible for supporting the whole Sales cycle. He works in partnership with account directors for the existing customer base and with sales managers for new opportunities and generating downstream revenue. He is a key liaison between the sales and any delivery team at Alight.
- Solution Architect (SA) will work closely with the Sales/AD to define the commercial strategy on any opportunity.
- SA will develop a deep and broad understanding of Alight standard offering including the technical aspects of the Product Suite underpinning the solution. He will define with the sales/AD the best solution to be proposed to the customer.
- The SA is customer focused, provides responses to customer questions, delivery customer presentations, discusses possible solution with the customers.
- SA can demonstrate our Product Suite (first generic Demo). he is expected to give feedback on the demo systems and the content of the demo scripts depending on customer feedback.
- SA will assist as part of the bid team in answering RFQ’s, RFI’s and RFP’s. He will complete white spaces in the response that has already been filled by Proposal Managers. The SA will guard an overall quality of the bid.
- The SA will participate in vendor presentations typically at the Customer location.
- SA works closely with the Sales Manager to define the commercial pricing strategy for a bid. He will calculate using Alight tool the financial elements related to the offer (TCV, ARR, IYR, costs and margins) and provide these to sales/AD.
Formal education and certification
- Bachelor's degree required with many holding degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related engineering fields.
- Strong knowledge of English language required
Knowledge and Experience
- 8-10+ years professional sales management experience and Consumer Experience/Benefits/Payroll/Cloud firm experience required
- Have a firm holistic understanding of both the operational and scope aspects of the HCM market.
- Exceptional presentation skills at the C-Suite level
- Demonstrates a good overall grasp of all business areas including Business and Product Strategy, Sales and GTM, Pricing, Financials, HR and Legal
- Travel Expectation 0 – 10% of the time (sometimes on short notice) to support meetings with clients
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructures based on standard components
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and design architecture
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Ability to work with various departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan