Type of contract
Short-term contract, which may be extended to up to 36 months subject to individual performance and organisational needs
Contract end date
Who can apply?
EU nationals working for the international public sector organisation or EU organisations performing central banking or banking supervision tasks. Your current contract must extend at least 1 year beyond the end of the potential employment at the ECB
F/G (1) (minimum monthly net salary €4,914 and benefits, see further information section)
Place of work
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- You will be part of the Directorate General On-Site and Internal Model Inspections (DG/OMI). Our Directorate General is responsible for leading and participating in on-site activities, ensuring the consistency of assessment results across the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM), and defining and facilitating the planning and execution of the on-site supervisory programme, including on-site inspections, internal model investigations and asset quality reviews.
- In your role as Supervisor, you will be part of the Operations and Integration Division. The Division is responsible for planning and coordinating the on-site supervisory programme, managing common processes to support and monitor the execution of the programme, preparing the related reporting, and coordinating both training for inspectors and the communication activities of the Directorate General.
- The SSM is the system of banking supervision in Europe. It comprises the ECB and the national supervisory authorities of the participating countries.
- The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
- support the planning and execution of the on-site supervisory programme by carrying out various organisational tasks, in particular monitoring and reporting on its progress;
- participate in organising the training activities offered by the Directorate General to SSM inspectors, as well as in coordinating or supporting other internal and external communication initiatives;
- engage and collaborate with the various stakeholders working with the Operations and Integration Division, including colleagues from the other divisions of the Directorate General and from the national competent authorities;
- contribute to the preparation of briefings and presentations related to the Division’s tasks.
This position offers you excellent opportunities to analyse cutting-edge issues relating to prudential supervision and to strengthen your project management skills by dealing with key supervisory processes in a multi-stakeholder environment. You will also further develop your ability to think analytically and challenge constructively, with a focus on results, teamwork, cooperation and communication.
You will be part of a multicultural and inclusive team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a master’s degree or equivalent in economics, finance, business administration, mathematical engineering, mathematics, computer science, econometrics, statistics or another relevant field ();
- in addition to the above, a minimum of three years’ experience in the field of banking supervision or central banking, including related support functions;
- experience in coordinating tasks under tight deadlines and time pressure, as well as coordinating and managing relations with internal and external stakeholders;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to
- proven experience in preparing and giving structured and convincing presentations on project proposals, results or key messages of a technical or operational nature;
- good knowledge of data analysis and visualisation tools, e.g. Excel, VBA, Tableau, relational databases and SQL;
- relevant experience in project management or in the organisation of training programmes;
- professional experience in on-site supervision, including planning or supporting on-site supervisory activities.
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.
You are motivated to be part of our team and to use your skills and competencies to achieve the objectives of this position.
- Working for European banking supervision in the Directorate General On-Site and Internal Model Inspections, the Operations and Integration Division, may involve spending short periods of time abroad, e.g. for training.
- Playing a role in European banking supervision also entails collaborating in multinational and multicultural teams and operating in the context of different national frameworks, for which a strong ability to use different EU languages for business purposes is an asset.
- We are willing to discuss part-time arrangements.
The contract(s) offered will be short-term ESCB/IO, the appointment being for 12 months as of the exact starting date of the selected person, extendable to up to 36 months. We are also willing to discuss a longer initial duration of the contractual arrangements.
For additional information on this specific vacancy, you can speak to the hiring manager, Marco Rocco, on +49 (0)69 1344 6538 between 13:00 and 14:00 on Thursday, 8 April.
Application and selection process
For further information on how to join us, .
The recruitment process for this position will include an online presentation and interviews.