Type of contract
Short-term contract, which may be extended to up to 36 months subject to individual performance and organisational needs
Contract end date
Who can apply?
EU nationals working for the international public sector organisation or EU organisations performing central banking or banking supervision tasks. Your current contract must extend at least 1 year beyond the end of the potential employment at the ECB
F/G (1) (minimum monthly net salary €4,914 and benefits, see further information section)
Place of work
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- You will be part of the Risk Analysis Division in the Directorate Risk Management. The Division is responsible for monitoring, measuring and assessing financial risks that may arise from the Eurosystem’s monetary policy operations and the ECB’s investment operations. We are looking for a financial risk expert to help build the next generation of our risk management data and IT infrastructure.
- The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
- build the next generation of our risk management data and IT infrastructure. This includes defining the target scope, analysing business processes, collaborating across business areas, coordinating with external vendors, coordinating and implementing testing, designing and implementing change management plans, and creating knowledge management plans;
- maintain the existing risk infrastructure, including data quality management and troubleshooting;
- develop new applications quickly to respond to business needs, including editing existing SQL queries and creating new ones, as well as programming in VBA and Python;
- develop the long-term strategy for the risk infrastructure, including analysing business processes that need to be enhanced and proposing solutions to improve the Division’s technical infrastructure.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in finance, economics, computer science, mathematics or another relevant field ();
- experience working in either financial risk management, market operations, statistics, financial stability or information systems;
- a sound understanding of financial instruments, e.g. corporate bonds, sovereign bonds, covered bonds and asset-backed securities;
- excellent IT programming skills (preferably MATLAB, Python or VBA) and a good understanding of languages used for managing data in a relational database management system (e.g. SQL);
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the .
- experience in application development, analysing business processes and managing relationships with end-users and external vendors;
- experience as part of a project team, developing business applications in the field of financial markets or financial risks;
- experience in finance and/or risk management as a holder of a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and/or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certificate(s), or experience working with financial risk managers and portfolio managers;
- experience working with Oracle or multi-model database management systems;
- experience working with Tableau;
- experience working on tasks related to risk monitoring or compliance;
- experience using market data services, such as Bloomberg or Reuters.
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You analyse complex information effectively and use analogies, patterns and different perspectives. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.
You are motivated to be part of our team and to use your skills and competencies to achieve the objectives of this position.
- The contract offered will be short-term ESCB/IO, the appointment being for at least 12 months as of the exact starting date of the selected person, extendable to up to 36 months.
- For additional information on this specific vacancies, you can contact Josep M. Puigvert (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Team Lead of the Risk Analysis Division and arrange a phone discussion, if needed.
Application and selection process
The recruitment process for these positions will include a remotely prepared presentation, a remote written test and interviews via WebEx.