New Graduate Digital Solutions Engineer speaking German
Start date: July 2021
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Create the Future
A global leader in cloud infrastructure and digital workspace technology, VMware are seeking the best technical graduate talent to create the next generation of Pre-sales Solutions Engineers through our VMware Academy.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
VMware offers state of the art infrastructure software and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation.
The Pre-Sales Solutions Engineering Team:
Solutions Engineering (Presales) is the perfect mix of business and technology, helping customers to understand how they can use technology innovation to transform their IT landscape and achieve their business goals. In VMware, we have industry-leading technology solutions to help customers on their transformation journey.
The Solutions Engineering team is involved in all technical aspects of customer engagement:
- Talking to customers, introducing them to new technology concepts and ideas that can enhance their business strategy.
- Presenting and demonstrating transformative VMware technologies that can make their strategic vision a reality.
- Designing the right technology solutions to meet customers biggest business challenges, taking advantage of a rich portfolio of VMware products and services.
- Focusing on problem solving and successful customer outcomes.
Through close collaboration with sales and professional services, a Solutions Engineer builds long term customer relationships, ensuring the customer meets their business challenges through adoption of VMware solutions.
At VMware you will benefit from an exceptional work-life balance and unparalleled career growth potential, alongside regular mentorship, buddying and networking opportunities across the VMware family.
At VMware we invest heavily in training Solutions Engineering graduates. While a good grounding in the fundamentals of technology is important, in the VMware Academy we value attitude, aptitude and a hunger to learn over technical knowledge or experience.
In this Technical Track of the Academy we focus on developing the future stars of our Technical Services organization.
We are looking for people who love to win, have strong people skills and an enquiring mind. If you:
- Are passionate about keeping up to date on the latest innovations in technology?
- Enjoy engaging and interacting with people and customers?
- Are ready to be challenged in an industry that is constantly evolving?
It’s time to step forward.
Our EMEA Academy is based at our offices in Barcelona, in our Digital Sales Centre (DSC). The centre has a startup feel whilst sitting under the highly regarded VMware brand.
The Academy program is structured to run over 24 – 36 months, starting with 6 weeks of foundational training. This training will introduce you to VMware and its technologies alongside graduates from other roles across the business, after which you will continue your in-role training as part of the solutions engineering team based in Barcelona.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree - Computer Science, MIS/BIS, Engineering or Science preferred
- Fluency in English and German is essential
- Graduated within 12 months of the start date
- An openness to relocating for the right role for you, either in your home country or further afield
- Eagerness to continually be learning and passionate about embracing technology in an ever-changing industry
- Being an enthusiastic communicator, a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Our Academy launches in July 2021, so you must be available to start then. This is a graduate program therefore you must have graduated no earlier than July 2020 to be eligible for the program.