Job Description:At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio.
In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab is seeking a Senior Information Systems Professional to help establish and grow our state of the art manufacturing facility in West Lafayette, Indiana. The Senior Information Systems Professional will be responsible for complex infrastructure hardware and software and analytical activities associated with the technical areas such as, but not limited to, infrastructure design, engineering, computer hardware, operating systems, network, cybersecurity, third party products, Enterprise Application Administration, implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance or operations/user support.
- Provide general systems support to internal/external customers
- Maintain virtualized environments consisting of Windows and Linux OS(s)
- Setup and maintenance of automated manufacturing environments
- Patch management and vulnerability remediation
- Day-to-day end user support
- Provide onsite security support, to include, physical security, door access control, ID card management
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related discipline is required. Master's degree preferred.
- 8+ years' relevant experience
- Network+ MCSE Certification or equivalent
- Familiarity with the following systems and applications: Windows Server, Citrix Workspace, VMware vSphere, NSX, vSAN, SDDC Manger, Linux OS, Networking – VLAN, NetApp Ontap, Element OS, Storage Grid OS
- Patch Management and software package deployment using Microsoft SCCM
- Industry 4.0 technologies, IIoT components, their communication and integration
- Network Monitoring technologies
- Operations Center Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with team building experience working in an international environment.
- Ability to effectively define problems, collect facts, analyze solutions, drive and lead change
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a drug screen and background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
About Us:Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.