Why Patients Need YouPfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
What You Will AchieveAs a Senior Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you’ll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. This position within the Vaccine Research and Development – Analytical Development group is for a Critical Reagent manager for a range of moieties such as proteins, mRNA, polysaccharides, glycoconjugates and polyclonal antibodies that support qualified and/or validated methods. The core responsibilities include directly liaising with process development, analytical, formulation and the internal customer for any reagent requests, maintaining reagent management and sample management databases and inventories, issuing appropriate documentation on the quality of the material, and ensuring all materials are developed and maintained in a compliant manner.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Primary liaison between Early Bioprocess Development and the requestor and is responsible for managing critical reagent requests with respect to production, characterization and timing.
- Critical Reagent manager, responding to requests in a timely fashion and managing timelines and expectations in a cross-functional manner.
- Understanding all processes required to either manufacture new, or dispense inventoried critical reagents to requestors, and working within partner lines to expedite these requests to provide the highest quality material possible.
- Using excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills to perform reagent management and/or sample management, utilizing existing databases to accurately track material quality and inventory and suggesting new processes to improve speed and workflow where possible.
- Utilize their scientific background and techniques to have a basic understanding of the assays required to characterize each specific reagent, and suggest new analytical control strategies when new reagents are requested for the inventory.
- Author, review and track all critical reagent documents (SOPs, RCOCs, ACOCs, reagent qualification LMs) to support maintaining a critical reagent inventory for qualified and/or validated methods.
- Provide minimal lab-based support for ELISA, Luminex and cell based assays as needed.
- Read scientific and technical literature to stay current in the field and to bring new and improved technologies to the laboratory.
- Provide daily laboratory operations support.
- PhD degree in biological science or related discipline with 0-2 years relevant experience, an MS plus 4 years or BS with 8 years of related work experience.
- A strong customer service background with excellent organizational and communication skills is essential.
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and relevant database software is required.
- Ability to write technical documents including but not limited to SOPs, antibody qualification reports, reagent Certificate of Characterizations, antibody Certificate of Characterizations and stability reports.
- Ability to prioritize work based on request/project timelines.
- Strong leadership skills are required.
- Experience in reagent management and working with vaccines and/or biopharmaceuticals is desired.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job:
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES