Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Are you someone who views the world through summer-tinted lenses? Can you seamlessly slip into the teenage-summer-break version of yourself? Are you picturing your old Facebook statuses right now? We know you’re probably cringing….old Facebook statuses will do that to you.
We’re looking for people who are invested in the teen mindset, who get Gen Z and who want to empower teens to be their most confident, comfortable and capable selves. We’re more than a clothing brand, we’re a platform for amplifying teen stories. We believe in living like it’s summer all year long, because to us, summer isn’t a season. It’s a state of mind.
The Hollister Co. team is looking for a Photographer that has a passion for editorial product photography. This person will be responsible for shooting product both flats and on-figure and ensuring that the garment is captured in the most appealing manner. These images will be customer facing on all Hollister’s content platforms. This person will work closely with stylists, studio coordinator and other photographers in a fast-paced environment. This position demands that you have a great eye for detail, a vast knowledge of photography and lighting, and an ability to work with cross functional partners to achieve desired results.
Check out some of our work here!
What will you be doing?
- Compose, stylize, and stage product shots, based on direction provided standards in setting up lighting, color accuracy, and exposure for each shot, while managing a high volume of images
- Export, organize, and provide final images into a shared environment
- Use Adobe Photoshop and CaptureOne to retouch images (Cropping, Exposure, Background Removal, Color-Correction/Conversion, etc) according to company standards
- Maintain photo equipment and cleanliness of studio
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-5 years experience
- Product photography experience both off and on figure
- A perfectionist eye for detail and color accuracy
- Understanding of photography, lighting, photo editing, and compositional skills
- Must have experience in digital workflows using Capture One
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop
- Basic retouching/editing skills
- Basic understanding of Mac OS and DSLR cameras
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot lighting and camera issues
- Ability to retouch with precision
- Understand deadlines and schedules in order to help prioritize product
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Humble, team-oriented and optimistic
- Creative thinker; frequently pushes imagination beyond the comfort zone
- A meticulous approach to work; pays keen attention to detail
- Great listener; enjoys collaborating with other professionals
- Open-minded; takes in criticisms and opinions constructively
- Previous photo in-studio experience
- Passion for working with great brands and well-crafted product
- Portfolio or sample of work is required with application