Clearstream Services S.A.With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody. Additionally, Clearstream provides services for investment funds, collateral management and securities lending.
Field of activity
As a Legal Counsel, you will be providing fulltime dedicated legal support to Clearstream’s various business lines including Investment Fund Services, Global Markets and Issuer CSD. The core of your activities will be to act as legal contact for Clearstream business in Luxembourg and abroad and take responsibility for the provision of legal advice as well as identification of legal risks with a view to design and implement measures to reduce and/or manage those risks. You will be working closely with peers and stakeholders throughout the organization locally and globally.
- Provide legal assessments and advice to various internal stakeholders within the organization
- Advise on and coordinate legal tasks in relation to local and cross border projects
- Draft and negotiate agreements between Clearstream and its customers
- Support the business regarding the implementation of requirements pursuant to new laws and regulations
- Fully qualified lawyer holding a Master of Law degree or equivalent.
- Around 5+ years of professional experience in the financial industry or in a law firm preferably in Luxembourg.
- Experience in private/retail banking, investment fund distribution as well as securities lending/collateral management is an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant Luxembourg legal and regulatory environment and an interest in technological development in the financial sector.
- Excellent communication skills on all levels of an international organization including senior management.
- Hands-on and ability to cope with challenges.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English. German will be considered an advantage.