About usWe are a family of 150+ geeks: Developers, SW Engineers in Test, Technical Writers, UX Designers and Product Managers. With over 25 nationalities, we share a start-up culture while pursuing innovative ways of building highly scalable solutions.
Oracle NetSuite is the world's best cloud-based, multi-tenant ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) service with unified financials, supply chain, order management, omnichannel e-commerce...all in one platform!
We love quality, clean code and follow SOLID principles. We implement Agile and continuous improvement practices: code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, release retrospectives, components of gamification… you name it! Our common language is English, you'll have plenty of opportunities to practice. What’s more, we love our people to succeed: many of our people have risen up the ranks with us!
What you will doWe’re looking for ambitious and creative engineers in test with a track record for innovation in cloud-based applications and/or data analytics to join NetSuite’s Product Analytics team.
You will be designing and testing internal tools that will be used by NetSuite global development organisation, including data collection, instrumentation, data analysis, visualisation, and much more. You will need to understand NetSuite's cloud services and storage solutions and build tools that are able to collect usage of specific features, KPIs and performance metrics. It will be necessary to understand how data flows in our global infrastucture and how to effectively manage big volumes of data stored in a distributed database. Don't forget that our cloud serves 40k organizations world-wide. Are you ready for the challenge?
As part of a scrum team, you will be involved in the agile testing process sprint by sprint and will work with other engineers on the testing strategy for each release. You will also participate in risk analysis processes and, using best practices, propose mitigation plans that will involve test automation, performance, smoke, exploratory testing and others. You will also work closely with other development teams and departments to define and test the new Product Analytics platform.
You will fit perfectly if you share these values:
- Open mind, honesty and transparency for discussion and team collaboration
- Pride in your work and a desire to delight the customer should motivate you to take initiative, take responsibility and take ownership of your projects
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Strong drive for quality and passionate about testing
- 5+ years’ software testing experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Java (C#, Kotlin or similar)
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, web browsers
- Solid experience with testing methodologies and techniques
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to understand functional requirements
- Experience testing high performance scalable applications
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English are required
- Open mind for discussion and team collaboration
- B.S. or Master’s in computer engineering or relevant experience in STEAM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)
- Work permit for Spain is required for this role
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM development team
- Experience with test automation for web applications (integration/UI/JS testing)
- Good understanding of SQL and Elastic
- Experience with Data Analytics and Performance Monitoring
- Understanding of cloud-based distributed software applications
Our stack and tools
- Java, Kotlin
- SQL (Oracle databases)
- Elastic & Kibana
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Jira, Crucible, Confluence
What we offer
- Agile environment – Start-up culture backed by a strong enterprise
- English-speaking environment and international team
- Strong professionals around you that will help to accelerate your growth
- Continuous career development: we actively encourage and celebrate internal promotions
- High-impact learning culture: free access to online learning platform and regular in-house training sessions
- Become actively involved in the tech community: (when possible) we organize and host meetups, programming competitions, and innovation initiatives
- Lunch & learns: present on your favorite topic or hobby and be treated to a free lunch!
- Private health + life insurance
- 25 days of vacation
- Ticket restaurant
- Flexible working hours
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a member of the technical/process QA division, you will develop quality standards, control methods and theories to be utilized during manufacturing, testing and inspection to access product quality. Develop standards and procedures to provide quality guidance methods.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).