Software Development EngineerWho We Are
At Roche, 90,000 people across 150 countries are pushing the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
You will work in Product Care team, this team is focused in fixing bugs reported from the field or found during internal testing (but of significant importance to previously released product versions).
Product Care produces product maintenance deliverables, as Services Patches and Hotfix.
The SW-Engineer designs, implements and tests software components in projects and product maintenance following Roche RIS standards and procedures.
Main tasks and duties:
- Create and/or drive the creation of architectures consistent with project roadmaps, platform strategies, governance policy, and standards and
- Also, ensure the appropriate implementation of the above-mentioned items.
- Advise projects on technology and architecture trends they need for their decision making and external engagements
- Identify and aid in the decision making around architecture trade-offs with risks, delivery, scalability/performance, flexibility, maintainability, security, and other quality concerns.
- Monitor and review systems so that they are designed and developed in compliance with corporate security, privacy, accessibility, legal and other governance policies.
- Mentoring other engineers to grow to similar levels of expertise and effectiveness
- Communicate effectively with other disciplines
- Active collaboration with the different stakeholders involved in the project execution.
- Support actively good spirit and collaboration within the team and the entire organization
- Performs SW-engineering tasks in adherence with the established procedures and guidelines. This includes:
- Design of units and components meeting the technical requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Implementation of the design into code
- Implementation and performance of SW-tests on unit and integration level
- Provisioning of documentation on all levels (code, unit, test, …)
- Provide work status and issue notification to appropriate project members and line management as requested
- Support when required the projects and product maintenance in the full range of the SW-development process as it is defined in SIS DPIB
- Follow industry standard applications development techniques and practices
- Communicate effectively in English and Spanish
Additional tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- To permanently optimize processes to increase quality and efficiency standards.
Who you areYou’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
If you feel like being a technical reference, to work in an international and multicultural environment, using agile methodologies and solving challenges do not miss this opportunity and apply ASAP.
- University or higher technical college degree
- More than 3 years of working experience in application development within a productive environment.
- Experience in Event Driven Architecture, Hexagonal and Microservices.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and testing strategy. Knowledge of TDD & BDD
- Experience in Cache (InterSystems).
- Experience in other backend technologies and DDBB: JAVA, Spring, Mongo…
- Experience in other front-end/web development: React...
- Experience in Agile environment.
- Specific and proved experience and knowledge in a laboratory and / or middleware environment developing some modules like Workflow, Microbiology, QC, Connectivity will be also considered.
- A plus would be to have experience in DevOps environment: Java/Groovy, Bash/PowerShell, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Git…
- Good level of English written and spoken.
- Good level of Spanish written and spoken will be also considered.
- Analytical and methodical working style person.
- Good team player and leadership skills.
- Takes responsibility for a team or technical concept.
- Willingness to bring projects to a successful end.
- Open minded and communicative.
- Can work independently, focused and highly motivated.
Who We AreGenentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply for this job" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our .
Join our . By joining our , your resume will be available to our recruitment team,
Job FunctionDevices / Systems / Solutions