The PositionThe SW-Engineer designs, implements and tests software components in projects and product maintenance following Roche standards and procedures.
Main tasks and duties:
- Support actively good spirit and collaboration within the team and the entire organization
- Performs SW-engineering tasks in adherence with the established procedures and guidelines. This includes:
- Design of units and components meeting the technical requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Implementation of the design into code
- Implementation and performance of SW-tests on unit and integration level
- Provisioning of documentation on all levels (code, unit, test, …)
- Supporting the system tests and global support organization (3th level support) by:
- Analyzing incidents, problems and defects
- Fixing SW-defects
- Provisioning of patches and releases
- Participation in sprint planning by:
- Analyzing the product backlog items
- Estimating the work effort for sprint backlog
- Committing to the sprint backlog
- Participation in the sprint evaluation
- Support the presentation of the sprint deliverables
- Supporting continuous improvement by providing feedin the sprint retrospective
- Provide work status and issue notification to appropriate project members and line management as requested
- Support when required the projects and product maintenance in the full range of the SW-development process as it is defined in SIS DPIB
- Follow industry standard applications development techniques and practices
- Communicate effectively in English and Spanish
Additional tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- To permanently optimize processes to increase quality and efficiency standards
Who We AreGenentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply for this job" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our .
Join our . By joining our , your resume will be available to our recruitment team,
Job FunctionDevices / Systems / Solutions