Job Description:At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE's Legal division applies legal knowledge to complex business transactions. Our mission is to contribute to HPE's success by providing proactive, practical and timely legal advice and contractual support to enable our clients to achieve profitable growth and customer satisfaction. An integral part of HPE, we work in areas such as Intellectual Property, Mergers and Acquisitions, Ethics, Antitrust, Commercial Law, and Litigation to name but a few.
Manages the contracting process for sales transactions by working with customers to draft and negotiate appropriate contractual language to reflect the business interests and policies of the company for non-standard RFPs and contractual requests. Interfaces with customers and members of the Legal, financial/revenue recognition, business unit, sales, and other stakeholder teams to bring deals to closure. Analyzes business, financial, and legal risks and develops and communicates creative solutions and mitigation strategies for key negotiation points. Participates in the approval process to assist business owners in making informed decisions. Complies with audit, financial (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley), and system requirements and assists in resolving post-execution non- standard contract modification requests and disputes.
- Manages responses to standard and non-standard contractual requests, evaluating alternative agreements and assessing key risks; works in concert with senior team members and management in drafting responses and negotiating with customers.
- Manages planning process for prioritizing deal support in working with senior sales and business leaders, and implements the company's legal strategy to focus on high value activities.
- Aligns activities and key initiatives with overall priorities of the company's legal function.
- Builds strong relationships and networks with the company's legal colleagues, business owners, sales personnel, support functions, as well as with customers to facilitate effective escalations and efficient deal closures.
- Acts as a key resource to assigned business teams.
Education and Experience Required:
- First Level University degree required.
- Typically 5-7 years of customer facing contracts, negotiation, or equivalent experience; or Advanced university degree, (e.g. JD/Law Degree or MBA) with 1-3 years relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of key laws, policies, processes, and practices applicable to closing non-standard contracts.
- Developed understanding of company products, service offerings, and capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of key business and contractual risks.
- Proven ability to negotiate and close multi-business unit deals.
- Ability to influence different functions and build consensus where lines of authority are clear, both inside and outside of the company.
- Capable of presenting or escalating issues effectively to local sales and business management.
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s !
Job Level: Intermediate
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.