It's rewarding to work at a company where YOU make a difference!
If you're passionate about the ever-changing IT industry and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative progressive environment, you'll thrive at Tech Data!
Join our team to connect the world with the power of technology!The Consultant SAP -IBP will be responsible for providing IBP and SAP ERP module specific configuration and for the delivery of enhancements to ensure immediate technical and functional needs can be quickly addressed. The consultant will also assist with user support and guidance.
The candidate is a team player who loves work on a global team, loves to be hands-on, likes technical challenges, and is willing to operate closely with the business. The analytical and technical SAP skills allow the Consultant to quickly and efficiently enable business operations and enhance the current worldwide SAP template.
The Consultant must have deep knowledge of IBP and one or more SAP ERP modules that allows him/her to quickly analyze reported issues and drive the required adjustments and resolutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
- Support existing IBP and SAP ERP related business processes
- Support the SAP worldwide in a “Follow the Sun” manner by effectively turning over assignments to other regions on a daily basis as well as taking ownership of assignments from other regions in order to expedite issue resolution
- Strong alignment and collaboration with the CoE Build Team
- Provide process-oriented business analysis in one or more functional areas of End-to-End processes
- Participates in the delivery of enhancements of country specific business processes within the framework of a global template
- Offer technical solutions to fulfill and implement simple business requirements with standard methods
- Realization of IBP and SAP system customization in one or more functional areas
- Solve IBP and SAP module specific problems for one or more functional areas and serve as contact person for our internal and external customers
- Provide functional descriptions, specifications and business process support to the development team
- Create business standard documentation of all new developments
- Participates in trainings
- Demonstrate flexibility and support for objectives/tasks of other IT organizations
- Knowledge transfer to others on the Support Team, Trainers, Subject Matter Experts and for external Consultants
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions:
- IBP module knowledge required for Inventory Optimization, Forecasting and Demand Management and Sales and Operation planning. Additional module knowledge is beneficial.
- CPI Cloud Platform Integration knowledge desired
- HANA and Fiori experience required
- Cross Steam knowledge of MM, SCM, APO, or LO desired
- BW knowledge desired
- Customer oriented behavior and good communication skills
- Analytic skills
- SAP ERP configuration knowledge in one or more streams
- Previous ABAP experience desired
- Experience in one or more functional business areas
- 3+ years supporting IBP and SAP implementations
- 3+ years building / supporting IT systems solutions
- 3+ years business experience
- Awareness of change management principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Management discipline required
- Professional office environment
- Willing to cooperate closely with business and consulting partners
- Enjoy working in a Global team setting
- On-call availability required as necessary
- Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires
- Ability to travel as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with SAP IBP; for Inventory Optimization, Forecasting and Demand Management and Sales and Operation planning
- Proficient with SAP 4.6c and/or SAP 6.7
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Office 365 for Windows with advanced Excel Skills
- Strong interpersonal and Excellent Customer Service Skills (internal customer facing role)
- Ability to communicate a technical message to a non-technical audience, focusing on managing customer expectations.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with an ability to understand the long-term ("big picture").
- Fluent in English language is required