You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement efficient & scalable environments for offline data processing in the cloud.
- Design and implement processes for automatic data acquisition: APIs, web scrapping, data querying.
- Develop the infrastructure (data pipeline architecture) for the metrics that will drive the TomTom Maps strategy.
- Design high-performing processes to extract knowledge from various datasets and according to different use cases.
- Contribute to the conceptualization of quality metrics modeling the TomTom map end-user experience .
What you’ll need
- University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar.
- High proficiency in designing and implementing efficient algorithms & data structures.
- Cloud Experience: Apache Spark, Azure Data Lake, Blob, Azure Databricks, AWS.
- Profound 5+ years of experience as database engineering (support, administrator) with demonstrated knowledge on SQL and noSQL databases (PostgreSQL, Cassandra)
- Programming experience in languages such as Java, Python, R, Scala in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Strong statistical data analysis knowledge and analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience on manipulating, processing and extracting value from disconnected datasets
- Good written and oral language skills in English.
What’s nice to have
- Experience with location-based content and Geographic-Information-Systems (GIS) tools.
Meet your team
We’re Maps, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you’ll help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?