Data Engineer/ BI Developer- Credit Cards and Personal Lending Tribe
Multiple opportunities (Fixed term and permanent)
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career. We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has moved to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Data@ANZ’ on our .
The RoleWe have multiple Data Engineer roles available in our Credit Cards & Personal Lending Tribe.
Data Engineers design next-generation data stores and analytic platforms, and shape data to help solve complex problems and generate sophisticated insights. They work across multiple technologies and data platforms to optimise the ease and speed of delivering value from data.
Our purpose in the Credit Cards & Personal Lending Tribe is to deliver best in class customer experiences and operational excellence for credit cards and personal lending seamlessly and reliably every time.
As a Data Engineer in the Credit Cards and Personal Lending Tribe, you will be key in delivering standardised and automated data assets that enable business reporting and analytics. You will also work with our Data Scientists to enable automation of our modelling framework, as well as ongoing uplift in our assets to facilitate general analytics.
What might a day in the life look like?
- Working in a cross skilled squad with people from a range of disciplines to deliver outcomes to the business
- Design data structures for data ingestion, integration and analytics for a variety of purposes including reporting and modelling
- Work with partners to source, land and process new data sources to enrich our existing data assets
- Work with broader analytics team across the tribe to automate existing processes
- Work with data scientists to refine, improve, and extract new data sets
- Maintain and improve our dashboards to give a great experience for our users
What will be in your toolkit?
- A strong background in data processing and engineering
- Can build high quality, scalable data products
- Proven experience across
- SQL (mandatory and proficient)
- Teradata (mandatory & proficient), Hadoop, GCP and Oracle (advantageous)
- Scripting in Python, R (advantageous)
- Tableau and QlikSense (advantageous)
- Experience in data analysis and engineering in Financial Services (advantageous)
- Experience in design of processes and procedures highly regarded
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Innovation and problem solving skills
- A strong execution mindset and ability to deliver quality outputs and manage actions within required timeframes.
- An ability to work autonomously
Things that I am (or strive to be!)
- A team player
- The customer’s biggest fan
- A collaboration champion
- Comfortable being uncomfortable
- Continuous improvement junkie
- Committed to my own and other’s growth
- A problem solver
- Commercially and tech curious
- Risk savvy