EY’s Business Tax Advisory (BTA) Quantitative Services (QS) practice provides cutting edge solutions to some of the world’s largest organizations, middle market and private companies. As a member of our BTA team, you will solve problems, add value and assist companies in navigating an increasingly complex post-tax reform environment.
As a BTA QS Manager, you will have an opportunity to work on some of the most complex tax issues and translate them into effective tax strategies, focused on managing the impact tax has on our clients’ business. You will be part of the team, focused on identifying the various cash tax savings and refund opportunities in the areas of FDII, BEAT, and GILTI planning, R&D credits, accounting methods, capitalization and cost recovery, transaction costs, inventory, and others.
The opportunityOur market-leading approach combines extensive federal tax experience with compliance and strategic planning, providing clients with an integrated service that adds significant value to their tax function. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals, you will be a trusted business advisor by delivering on our promises to our clients. Additionally, you will be part of a rapidly growing team that is working with and supporting EY’s comprehensive business tax advisory strategy. With the support of some of the most experienced professionals in the business, you can expect to develop your career at EY and build a strong foundation in your tax technical, management, marketing and business skills.
Your key responsibilitiesYou will be part of a team serving clients in various public and private industries and sectors. You will have an opportunity to directly interface with our clients and support the day-to-day project management activities by analyzing the client data/information, and preparing the commensurate analyses. You will support and actively participate in analysis of large datasets and the related evaluation of the pertinent laws and regulations, and collaborating with firm subject matter professionals to analyze the client facts. As part of the BTA practice, you will provide guidance and direction to the associates, support them on various engagement and the related activities. You will also play an important role in delivering client engagements and working directly with BTA managers and partners to serve our clients, develop our people and grow and nurture the OneEY culture.
Skills and attributes for success
- Facilitate delivery of effective approaches to our clients’ tax needs
- Apply critical and independent thinking to identify new business opportunities
- Assist in executing client engagements
- Provide timely and high-quality tax research and the related analysis, including preparation of technical memoranda
- Proactively manage projects to ensure timely delivery of high-quality analysis and client deliverables
- Support the development of client relationships
- Learn and develop specific client industry and sector knowledge
- Help to develop and guide associates by providing actionable performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with their developmental goals
- Build on technical competence by staying current on trends, developments and technical issues and applying them to client facts and circumstances
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and innovate through application of our current tools and emerging technologies, such as SharePoint, MS Power BI, MS Power Pivot, MS Power Query and Alteryx.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, management information systems, or related field, as well as approximately six years of related work experience, OR a graduate degree in tax, law or management information systems, and approximately five years of related work experience
- A valid US Enrolled Agent, CPA or licensed attorney designation
- Experience with preparing tax research and the related analysis
- Proficient in analyzing large datasets
- The ability to learn complex tax and industry concepts and apply them to specific client scenarios
- Good managerial, organizational, project management and verbal/written communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment and be comfortable supervising teams of EY personnel and client personnel
- Business and tax technical writing skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Access, and data mining tools
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Familiarity and/or experience in the areas of the IRS tax controversy and statistical sampling
- Experience with current data analytics and visual tools, such as MS Power BI, MS Power Pivot, MS Power Query and Alteryx
- Big 4 comparable experience
- Certifications in Alteryx or Microsoft products (MSCA)
- Advanced degree, such as MST, MSA, JD, or LLM
What we look forWe are interested in tax professionals who are excited about implementing sophisticated types of quantitative analyses, with the confidence and knowledge to think creatively in a constantly shifting environment. If you possess an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to prioritize across projects and make strong decisions in often challenging scenarios, this role is for you.
What working at EY office
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.