Company Description:Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Key Objectives:This position will be responsible for providing pricing support as part of the Major Management Liability team within the Financial Lines Actuarial unit. Financial Lines products insure against risks detrimental to the overall health of an organization. Responsibilities of this position include providing pricing support for the following product lines: Directors & Officers Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Errors & Omissions Liability, Crime and Fiduciary Liability. Experience in these lines is not mandatory.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing the profitability of Financial Lines products and working closely with Underwriting and Claims to identify trends in the business and to develop appropriate strategies.
- Supplying the data and providing actuarial support to the monthly and quarterly metrics that are produced by the department, including price monitor, penetration analyses, actual vs expected reporting and frequency/severity trend reporting.
- Providing rating plan support which includes the development of financial lines rate plans, ongoing support to state rate filing efforts and assistance with the system implementation for Financial Lines products.
- Contributing to the improvement, creation, and/or implementation of processes to expand capabilities, improve efficiency, and enhance effectiveness.
- BS degree or higher in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Finance or a related field.
- 0-3 years of P&C actuarial experience and 2-4 actuarial exams.
- Software: Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Experience with a statistical package (SAS, SPSS, R, Python) and/or data tool (Access, SQL) is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Responsive to service needs and operational demands.
- Produces accurate work products in a timely manner.
- Self-confident and objective.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Work LocationsPhiladelphia - 436 Walnut St
- Jan 11, 2021, 9:03:14 PM>
- Jan 11, 2021, 9:03:14 PM>