Talari software development team is seeking experienced Platform software engineer. We are seeking candidates with atleast 15+ years of intensive C/C++ development experience in a Linux environment and prior networking experience.
Location: Morrisville, North Carolina
Talari Failsafe SD-WAN delivers both MPLS-class high availability and high QoE (Quality of Experience) predictable application performance for both TCP-based apps and real-time apps like VoIP and videoconferencing, whether built on a hybrid MPLS plus Internet WAN fabric, or a WAN made up only of Internet connections.
- Technical ledership role to scope business requests and product architecture
- Rapid and continuous learning to support new features, innovation.
- Design, develop, maintain and unit test Talari software on Linux platform.
- Work/Co-ordinate/collaborate with global Oracle Communications team in Agile/Waterfall development environment.
- Participate in discussions and maintenance to improve the software performance, maintainability, serviceability, and reliability.
- Other duties may be assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:The Talari SD-WAN team is currently seeking someone with 15 + years of C/C++ software engineering in a Linux environment. Prior telecom, networking, cloud experience is expected.
- Bachelors in engineering/computer science education spanning 4 years.
- Programming languages: C/C++
- Intel X86 Arch
- Linux Kernel (Modules, Build, Configuration etc.)
- Linux Distributions: e.g. Oracle Linux, Debian, Red Hat, CentOS.
- Bootstrapping new platforms (x86 , ARM)
- Performance Optimization for Baremetal and Virtual
- Deployment model understanding: VNF , CNF , Baremetal
Good to have:
- X86 Assembly
- DPDK, Netmap, …
- Hypervisors Type 1, Type 2
- VMWare, KVM, Xen, HyperV
- Containers: e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Cloud providers: e.g. Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Perl, Shell scripting
- Security: Encryption , IPSEC, TLS
- Protocols: IPv4/6v , HTTPS, DNS , DHCP, TCP/UDP
- Strong command on spoken and written English.
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities.
- Excellent team skills, can-do attitude, focus on quality and drive to make a difference in a dynamic, fast paced organization.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.