At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The RoleWe are currently seeking an Associate IT Engineer based in Barcelona who is capable of providing excellent IT support for our colleagues as well as the technical environment. The eligible candidate must be resourceful, technical, cool under fire, and must love working in a fast-paced, multinational environment. A high sense of autonomy and job ownership is also desired.
We are looking for someone with a strong service focus and customer-first mentality who wants to grow their career alongside the rest of the business in the region.
What You'll Do
- Interact with internal clients to help resolve all levels of IT-related issues and provide answers in a timely manner
- Perform various routine tasks including:
- IT account and asset management for on-/off-boarding of employees
- Diagnosis and repair of end-user IT devices
- IT ticket management
- Resolution of escalated technical IT matters
- Manage and deploy corporate PCs/Macs
- New hardware configuration
- Machine image maintenance
- Coordinate warranty repairs
- Manage VOIP phone system and distribution of equipment
- Inventory and maintain IT asset data (serial numbers, software keys, locations, etc.)
- Ship, recycle and dispose of computers, peripherals
- Assist in the management of hosted IT applications (Google G Suite, Egnyte, Zoom, etc.)
- Perform maintenance and enhancement of IT infrastructure in the Barcelona office
- Build and maintain vendor relationships and manage the purchase of hardware and software products according to internal processes
- Eligibility of employment in EU (no VISA sponsorships)
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills in English
- Finished or ongoing formal education in Computer Science/Information Technology or related discipline, or minimum 1 year of professional experience in desktop support, IT infrastructure engineering, or similar IT (support) roles
- Able to travel cross-region (EU) (<10% travel time expected)
Nice to Have
- Experience in supporting MS Windows 10 and/or Mac OS
- Basic networking knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of general IT security controls and best practices
- Experience documenting IT applications and training users
- Cisco Meraki operational experience
- Previous working experience in a global organization across multiple regions & timezones
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.