About this position
Unique opportunity for Japanese-speaking Thai nationals to join Mazars in either Tokyo or Bangkok
For accounting and tax professionals at both junior and more experienced levels.
Mazars is the market leader in international accounting in both Thailand and Japan
With 120 professionals in Bangkok and 100 professionals in Tokyo dedicated to supporting international companies, Mazars is now the leader in providing international outsourcing services in both Thailand and Japan.
The Mazars team based in Tokyo is a wonderful mix of nationalities, including some Thais, and Mazars is now looking to add more Thai nationals to this team.
In addition, Mazars is building a team in Bangkok which specializes in Japanese-related accounting and taxation, but which also gives members experience in Thai-related work.
Unique opportunities at Mazars to combine both Japanese and Thai experience
Mazars is looking to employ a number of highly competent client-focused Thai staff with strong Japanese language skills to start in either Tokyo or Bangkok. Rotation between both locations after reasonable time periods is encouraged.
- Prepare and review financial records in compliance with accepted policies
- Prepare management reports for use by client’s management
- Provide value-added, business-oriented advice to clients
- Deal with indirect (consumption tax) and withholding tax issues and returns
- Deal with corporate income tax issues and returns
- Assist in supporting tax investigations
- Develop expertise in many different types of accounting and support software, which will likely include NetSuite, Xero, and SAP, as well as reporting software such as Blackline
- Undertake a variety of problem-solving exercises.
- Thai nationality
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or in some exceptional cases, a different academic background will be sufficient, if Mazars determines that the candidate has the potential to develop as a successful client-facing accountant
- Proven aptitude in the use of Excel
- Strong Japanese language skills (JLPT N3 minimum) and a desire to move to a higher level
- Reasonable English communication skills with a desire to communicate proactively
- A desire to work in an international environment using Thai, English, and Japanese