Business unit: Consumer (CON)
Job Grade: E11
Hiring Manager: Sean Sexton
Design Verification Engineer
The GroupThe charter of ADI’s CSPT team is to lead the market in selected technology domains with highly differentiated sensing and signal processing solutions. Today these technology areas include Capacitive Sensing, Optical Image Stabilization, Ultrasound, Audio and Video that drive growth in our portable and non-portable consumer business.
As part of our global operation and expanding business needs we are now seeking to fill key roles in defining, developing and verifying digital systems for this key market area. This would scan the entire development cycle from concept phase, through design, verification, implementation and release of products to customers.
The Design Verification Engineer will collaborate with the wider ADI technical community which affords an opportunity to work with many business units in ADI with exposure to many technologies and products.
ResponsibilitiesBased in Ireland (Spain/Cork/Limerick), this position will be responsible for contributing to:
- Verification of complex designs and sub-systems using leading edge verification methodologies
- Contribute and Influence the decisions on methodologies to be adopted for the verification.
- Technically mentor and guide junior verification engineers on SoC Verification.
- Architect the testbench and develop in UVM or Formal based verification approaches. Integrate the block testbench in chip-level UVM environment and verify integration.
- Define testplans, tests and verification methodology for block / chip-level verification. Work with the design team in generating test-plans and closure of code and functional coverage.
- Continuous interaction with analog co-sim and firmware team in enabling top-level chip verification aspects.
- Support post-silicon verification activities of the products working with design, product evaluation and applications engineering team.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree, in Engineering (Electronic Engineering) or equivalent
- 5+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Proficient in developing unit and SoC level test benches using VMM/OVM/UVM
- Strong knowledge of test-plan generation, coverage analysis transaction level modeling, pseudo and constrained random techniques, assertion based and formal verification techniques with System Verilog
- Experience working with Cortex-M series based processors
- Experience in Gate Level Simulation (GLS) verification flow for SoC verification.
- Experience of pre and post-silicon verification testflow and automated test benches
- Verilog, C/C++, System C, Java, TCL/Perl/Python/shell-scripting
- Building and leading verification teams is a plus
- RTL design/front-end design/FPGA flow experience
- Formal verification methodology
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills are required
- Be self-motivated and enthusiastic
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time