Job ID 306957BR
Position Title Solution Design Expert
Job Description799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
The Solution Design Expert (SDE) is responsible for end to end engagements with customers and demand requestors in both IT and business areas; for solutions/platforms In the Multichannel area which spans the entire scope of the Web, Social, Mobile Centre of Excellence - a part of Commercial IT in Novartis.
Focused on our GAIA system, you will work on an integrated suite of interactive finance reporting tools. It is a cornerstone of the transformation of finance processes towards digital and big data.
As a key member of the Multichannel team, you will be working closely with business and IT colleagues in listening and understanding customer requirements and translating these into high quality technical designs to allow delivery following a Scaled Agile delivery methodology.
- Exploring future requirements in line with the product vision in collaboration with the system owner
- Gathering and communicating requirements and priorities
- Working closely with the development team to maintain artifacts such as backlogs and user stories
- Working closely with colleagues and being known as the subject matter expert for all things GAIA
- Looking beyond the immediate request to see the scope ensuring added value at an Enterprise level
- Facilitating scoping, fit-gap workshops for effective requirement gathering
- Being aware that the devil really is in the detail – you will be the type of person who relishes the opportunity to dig into requirements line by line, to ensure the proposed projects are both feasible and compliant
- Being passionate about effective planning and the need to improve and sustain standardization / scalability of solutions
- Not being afraid to draw attention, in an emotionally intelligent way, to any potential functionality or process gaps
- Understanding the need for regular review cycles of requirements with stakeholders
- Being at ease working in a global, multi layered, matrix organization and will liaise with many colleagues on teams across the world in both IT and the business.
- Solutions which you propose will adhere to architecture and roadmaps while also being compliant, realistic, measurable and value adding – while also ensuring compliance to the unique pharma regulatory landscape.
- As comfortable gathering requirements for a solution as you are at itemizing a detailed cost plan and estimate
- Ensuring that relevant stakeholders are involved in specification of new services and/or major upgrades to existing services
- User Experience is key at Novartis and this will be something that will be a core part of your day to day role.
- Ensuring consistency and traceability between user requirements, functional specifications and interlinked product and project documentation
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
- At least 8 years’ of solid digital experience, from either the business or IT perspective, in the mobile and web space.
- Ability to work in Matrix environment orchestrating delivery from multiple teams
- Good understanding of business process analysis & design and system architecture concepts
- Good practical knowledge of agile processes (SAFe is a plus)
- Native iOS (Swift) & web technologies (ReactJS, JSON web services)
- JIRA, Confluence, Teams, Miro
- Awareness of Enterprise interactive finance reporting tools.
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in the finance domain is an advantage.
Why consider Novartis? 799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives? We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
Business Unit IT NBS
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Farmacéutica, S.A.
Functional Area Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Shift Work No