A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
To own culinary concept research, development and product prototyping for the RD&A Plant based team.Work cross-functionally to ensure a consistent, focused, ‘One team’ approach to projects that are aligned to the overall business and EUM strategy that leverage the suite of capabilities and products within the Kerry business.The Plant based category is an exciting growth opportunity for the Kerry business. Your initial 6-12 months will involve a comprehensive induction period at our site in Burton on Trent, UK to immerse yourself with our plant based experts. The invaluable insights and training you will receive during this period will be critical in you being able to execute the key part of your role when you take up your position within our Naas facility, Ireland.To achieve success it is critical that concepts created are within commercial scope, are operationally viable and satisfy a clear consumer/customer need/make it easier and more valuable for customers to do business with us.
- Own culinary research and concept development, that leverage the portfolio of capability within the Kerry business, working independently and cross functionally over a range of RD&A plant based projects both short and long term
- Support, assist and lead when required in preparing culinary samples and other aspects of presentations, materials and displays for internal & external meetings with our customers and other key stakeholders.
- Have the ability to problem solve, think through challenges (Individually & collectively), and handle multiple data sources, while plotting a logical concept development path - all in a timely manner.
- Be able to work across the Kerry sites, linking in with other business units and 3rd parties as required, while working with a one team mentality.
- Have an eye on new technologies and work closely with the other business teams on understanding the implications and opportunities for the business.
- Be the ‘go to’ resource for all things plant based culinary, including research and future trends with the ability to present such information to the team, cross functionally and to customers when required.
- Concept/recipe development based on pro-active innovation to unlock plant based opportunities by combining strategic thinking, insight, creativity and technology - aligned to the business growth strategy and the EUM requirements.
- As required prepare estimate product costings and nutritionals with an understanding of the business implications from a commercial and manufacturing point of view.
- Prepare and present detailed product handovers when required and maintain a consulting role through the development process.
- Actively support ideation sessions, feeding in fresh thinking, ideas and concepts across a broad spectrum that leverage your area of expertise by helping input into medium and long term plant based Innovation pipelines.
Qualifications and skills
- Experience as a Chef essential and ideally snr level. You will be expected to be able to deliver best in class products while under the pressure of time and business constraints.
- Culinary expertise & recipe development experience in a similar role would be a positive.
- You may not have a scientific background but you will be working with chefs, scientists & technologists so an aptitude / interest in why and how products work is essential. Over time you will be expected to understand and explain some of the interactions between ingredients so a passion for learning is a must have quality.
- Previous experience in the Food Manufacturing Industry desirable (ideally plant based)
- Product/Menu Costing Experience
- Sourcing of Ingredients/Produce
- Passionate and knowledgeable about food
- Able to adhere to strict timelines to ensure effective execution of R&D projects
- Solid project management skills (ie: tracking of milestones & timelines)