The European Investment Fund (EIF) is seeking to recruit for its Strategic Planning and Analysis Division's Business Planning Unit at its headquarters in Luxembourg: a Trainee
Duration: five (5) months & Starting date: 11 January 2021
Specific Post Environment:
The deal allocation team under Strategic Planning and Analysis/Business Planning (SPA/BP) Unit, which is in charge of managing the EIF process that regulates the efficient and fair deployment of resources under management to investment opportunities (both Equity and Guarantees product).
The Trainee will contribute to the data quality check exercise for the deal allocation model input, identifying opportunities of improvements for the process and model.
Under the guidance of a Senior member of the team, the Trainee shall:
- Analyse transactions and mandate data points.
- Prepare data sets;
- Prepare data quality tests with the specifications provided by the senior members of the team;
- Support the team in liaising with other services to clarify information about transactions and investment objectives;
- Assist the team with the preparation of the deal allocation material, incl. working papers, presentations;
- Support the identification of additional parameters for the model and data/process improvements.
Based on the data quality analysis performed, the Trainee is expected to produce:
- Data Sets
- University degree (or on-going studies at advanced stage) in Business Administration, International Business, European Studies, Economic Studies or similar.
- Prior experience in banking/finance or in institutions similar to EIF (e.g. development bank or NPI) would be an asset;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of further EU languages considered an asset;
- Solid competency in using IT applications (MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint);Basic data analysis skills (using Excel). Any familiarity with other IT tools would be an asset;
- Good drafting and synthesis skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work productively & multitask;
- Demonstrate initiative, capability to work autonomously under given objectives and organise own tasks effectively.
Deadline for applications: 2nd December 2020
- Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.