The European Investment Fund (EIF) is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Risk Management Division at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Trainee – Strategic and Market Risk Management.
Start date: 15th February 2021 (Duration: 5 months)
As part of the enhancement of the EIB Group Risk Management and the development of the EIB Group Risk Appetite Framework, EIF will be implementing new risk analysis and setting up new reporting frameworks. In addition, EIF will revise and align its stand-alone Risk Appetite Framework and thus increase the granularity of regular reporting and monitoring.
The key objectives of the Trainee will be to support the team in the implementation of the new reporting framework and to help with ad hoc analysis.
Under the guidance of the Head of Unit, the Trainee shall:
- Prepare relevant data for the Group RAF reporting;
- Perform financial analysis in relation to the defined key risk indicators;
- Help drafting working instructions for performance of regular reports, and help setting RAF monitoring and reporting templates.
- Assist on the creation of a set of work instructions for data gathering and processing in relation to the key risk indicators set up by the Group RAF project;
- Provide support for the creation of advanced draft monitoring and reporting templates in relation to the implementation of the Group RAF reporting;
- Assist with the preparation and roll out of streamlined analytical tools for specific key risk indicators.
- University Degree (or on-going studies at advanced stage) in Economics, Finance, Banking, Mathematics and/or Financial Risk qualifications; Background in Risk Management subjects is an advantage.
Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills required:
- Good understanding of EIF’s financial products and risk management tools (e.g. exposure monitoring and reporting, Value at Risk, concentration analysis etc.);
- Strong numeracy, ability to analyse data and produce financial reports;
- Ability to use Excel at advance level is required;
- Ease with IT applications and data analyses;
- Familiarity with VBA, SAS, Business Objects and /or other analytical tools is an advantage.
Key Competencies required:
- Good drafting and synthesis skills;
- Fluency in English, both oral and written. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with focus and efficiency;
- Good team working skills;
- Initiative, capability to work autonomously under given objectives and organise own work effectively even under time pressure.
Deadline for applications: 1st December 2020
- Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.