One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multi-sector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Owing to continued growth and high demand for our services, we are looking for a renewable energy engineer to join our global energy team in our office in Madrid. By joining our team you will have access to the largest, most challenging and innovative projects worldwide. The work is extremely varied as will be your role. You will be working with a strong renewable energy team and other discipline professionals delivering prestigious schemes.
- Degree level electrical engineering or equivalent qualifications.
- Demonstrable interest and knowledge in renewable energy projects.
- Able to collate, analyse and act upon complex and diverse information from a variety of sources and give advice for project level decision making.
- Ability to influence and motivate stakeholders within a complex environment.
- Willingness to travel globally.
- Technical competence,
- Self-motivation, ability to use own initiative.
- Demonstrable ability to work in a team and as an individual
- Flexible, problem solving approach.
- Excellent written and spoken English with ability to explain technical issues to non-engineers, including Clients.
- Ability to present at meetings.
- The successful candidate will be required to produce and review reports for clients and so attention to detail is paramount.
- Excellent IT skills particularly MS Excel/Word/Project and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrable experience in renewable energy projects.
- Experience in a consultancy environment.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary engineering environment.
- Experience in a client facing role.
- Experience in international projects.
- Technical qualifications in some/all renewable energy technology.
- Demonstrable experience in design of power plants and HV electrical design.
- Demonstrable experience in inverter design.
As a wind and/or solar professional within Mott MacDonald you will provide technical support to a wide variety of stakeholders including developers, original equipment manufacturers, regulators and financing institutions. The role is varied in its nature and will include working on a range of international renewable projects providing:
- Technical advisory/due diligence for lenders, developers and investors
- Owner's engineering, construction supervision and design services
- Concept and FEED design engineering.
- Feasibility studies.
As part of our global team you will be responsible for:
- Supporting major Wind and Solar project developments internationally.
- Providing electrical engineering input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence, construction monitoring and acceptance.
- Reviewing and preparing technical reports to a high standard including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts.
- Providing technical tender support and writing technical specifications/design drawings.
- Actively assisting with business development and client management.
- Attending client and site visits as required (worldwide).
- Working effectively on several projects concurrently to deliver to tight deadlines.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated provides more information on our efforts and .
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
ALL - Spain
Europe and Central Asia