Service Project Buyer
Date: Oct 27, 2020
Location:Singapore, SIN, SG
Service Project Buyer-TAUS-SISG02399410
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Project Services Buyer.
About the role:
Develop and execute the category purchase strategy for all aftermarket spare parts request from end users in Bombardier’s trains (DTL; BPLRT; R151). Work service material supply strategy for Spares Maintenance Contracts in a close cooperate with sub-system suppliers.
- Negotiates pricing and other terms of purchase and manage strategic suppliers that projects (BPLRT and R151) are having.
- Lead as point of contact for escalation, procurement representation for Services teams.
- Expedites and ensures the timely receipt of materials
- Issues RFQs, analyzes proposals, negotiates prices and delivery, issues and/or adjusts purchase orders in a timely manner
- Follows-up on orders, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records
- Negotiates vendor contracts, as appropriate. Follows standard purchasing business processes.
- Coordinates/drives purchasing activities with Project Management and Planning departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Leads problem resolution for material related accounting and receiving issues
- Assists or participates with the development of ISO documents for the purchasing function
- Reviews MRP on a regular basis
- Identifies issues and escalates as necessary to materials management
- Provides input to management regarding action plans to address long term issues
- Provides feedback to engineering for cost reduction efforts
- Drive material cost optimization and local content requirements
Safety and Environment Responsibilities:
- Must not endanger their health and safety or that of others by their actions
- Shall wear Personal Protective Equipment as provided when required
- Shall comply with Divisional procedures and Statutory requirements
- Shall co-operate with Management for the reduction of risk
- Shall notify their superior of any unsafe plant, equipment, building structure or practice.
- Shall report any accidents or incidents to their superior
- Shall not compromise the security and or operation of IT systems.
- Ensure that staff under their control perform their duties in a safe manner in
- accordance with Divisional procedures and Statutory requirements
- Identify delegated responsibilities within the Group
- Investigate and report any accidents and incidents within their Group
- Communicate effectively, including briefing of staff
Personal Protective Equipment Required:
- Protective footwear
- Ear defenders
- Safety glasses
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge:
- Diploma in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics and/or Warehousing
- Provide demonstrable experience and knowledge of purchasing, contract management, warehousing and materials management
- Able to interpret drawings, technical specifications and standards pertaining to train parts.
- Possess well-developed computer skills particularly in MS Office Software and Maximo (Desirable to have)
- Experienced in the use of Warehouse Management and Inventory Management Systems.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with / co-ordinate the purchasing/logistics team in the depot and New Build buyers
- Superior interpersonal, leadership, communication, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Liaison with internal and external customers as required by the respective Operations and/or project Managers. Liaison with suppliers and subcontractors
Other Responsibilities :
- Sound analytical and decision making skills
- Have a proven ability to prioritise
- Logical approach towards solving issues
- Proven ability to solve problems not just report them
- Good communication / literary skills
- Hands on
- Customer interface and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience and skill in setting and achieving personal and team priorities and goals in a dynamic multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work with the technical teams and depot staff to identify root causes
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology, offering the broadest portfolio in the industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling, and provide complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver we continuously break new ground in sustainable mobility, and our integrated solutions create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. And, headquartered in Berlin, Germany, we employ around 39,850 people, with products and services operating in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Procurement & Global Sourcing
Primary Location: SG-SIN-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.10.2020, 7:36:02 AM
Unposting Date: 26.11.2020, 10:59:00 PM
Job Segment: Procurement, Genetics, Engineer, Warehouse, Purchasing, Operations, Science, Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance