Project Quality Assurance Engineer
Date: Oct 27, 2020
Location:Delhi, DL, IN
Project Quality Assurance Engineer-TRCS-INDH02380270
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Project Quality Assurance Engineer.
About the role:
Manage and Coordinate all project quality related activities for the Quality line function during bid & Project execution phase. Ensure supplier quality. Support development and maintenance of the local Management system.
Support the Regional Quality Representative in all activities related to quality in the region including:
Coordination of Project QA Responsibilities regarding project internal quality assurance activities,
Coaching and mentoring for Project QA Responsibility,
Recommend to reject, block or formally concession non-conforming deliverables,
Support and mentor projects to accurately report NCC, Drive the analysis of NCCs
Coordinate and drive regional improvement activities.
Support maintenance of ISO 9001/IRIS and other relevant certifications for all sites of the region in the context of the RCS divisional certificates:
Facilitate the external certification audit program in the area,
Track and facilitate resolution of issues raised during external certification audits and support division wide co-ordination of related actions,
Support the Regional Quality Representative to co-ordinate ISO and IRIS certification audit activities with HSE assessments.
The Quality Engineer contributes to development and maintenance of the Quality Management System division-wide:
Perform internal audits.
Support the regional external certification audit program,
Participation in regional improvement projects,
Development and maintenance of quality-owned documents in the division,
Track and facilitate resolution of issues raised during internal and external certification audits
The Quality Engineer plans and conducts internal audits in the region:
Support the Regional Quality Representative in planning of internal audits for the region, Conduct the Configuration audit
Conduct internal audits of any organizational part of BT RCS Region 5 and review all quality related information,
Perform a detailed analysis of audit findings and provide input on the primary issues and propose strategies for their rectification to the Regional Quality Representative,
Request and monitor corrective and preventive actions
Coordinate audit activities with assessments by Safety.
The Quality Engineer provides Quality related services and support to other functions in the region:
Support the Regional Quality Representative to coordinate and direct functionally all Quality related work and personnel in the region (project and functional),
Participate in Blue Book preparations (Quality input to Bid), Assist in estimation budget and Document preparation during Bid Phase .
Facilitate the continuous improvement process in the Region,
Align activities with the regional HSE coordinator,
Consultation service for projects on quality related issues,
Raise quality awareness in the region via quality workshops and presentations,
Support and mentor project staff to ensure the accurate reporting of NCC in the Region,
Participate in Supplier Audits ,PAP and or First Article Inspection on request of Procurement or Project
Coaching and mentoring for Function QA responsible, Drive the analysis of customer complain and Nonconformity material on individual commitment by the Regional Quality Representative provide Project QA service to specified projects.
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer:
A Supplier-Quality-Assurance-Engineer is responsible to ensure quality and sustainability of our supplier base to meet our customer needs. He/She must be able to lead teams which are established to solve urgent problems rose up by customer or supplier non conformities. Therefore an advanced expert knowledge in practical use of 8D-Methodology shall be mandatory. As requested member inside teams for strategic sourcing performing Supplier Evaluation and Approval (SEAP audits) it is mandatory that the candidate have experience as auditor (or at least as co auditor). Technical Problem audits at supplier site and Supplier development for our supplier to bring them up to world class performance will also be part of the SQA work. In case of start-up of productions and introduction of new systems or parts into our product/service range the SQA needs to have knowledge in evaluating products against customer requirements. Experience in configuration management and requirements management needed to cover our needs for the Parts Approval Process (PAP).
Fluent verbal and written English expected. The candidate needs to have enough social skills to lead people through critical situations.
Key Accountabilities :
1. Support the Regional Quality Representative as Management Representative in line with ISO 9001.
- Support the Regional Quality Representative to conduct regular reviews of the Management System in line with ISO 9001:2008, clause 5.6 as well as with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001;
- Prepare verification and approval of project quality plans and reports
- Control project internal Quality assurance activities
- Identify non-conforming deliverables to reject, block or formally concession
- Support coordination of regional improvement activities
- Maintain ISO 9001 and IRIS certification for all sites of the region in the context of the RCS divisional certificate
2. Support and conduct internal audits in the region
3. Quality related support and service to other functions
4. Support the evolution, improvement and deployment of BT RCS Integrated Business Processes locally
- Facilitate work of local process owners
- Verify processes of all functions with only local focus
- Ensure consistency of local process development with division wide process development,
- Facilitate integration of local process documentation into the global system
- Ensure on regional level that our business processes are consistent with ISO 9001, IRIS and CENELEC, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Review and verify process documentation of other functions on behalf of Quality or Supplier-Quality
- Contribute to the development of process documentation owned by the Quality Function
- Support the Regional Quality Representative in supervising local process deployment and awareness by all functions
5. Leading role for Supplier Quality Assurance activities for the region.
- Mentor and trainer of 8D-Methodology and/or SQA-processes for regional BT-staff and for regional suppliers.
- Support and supervise 8D activities and KPI’s performed in the region.
- Coordinates communication between BT and supplier in case of supply chain related quality problems (Support of SPOC)
- Support Operations and participation as auditor or co-auditor in case of regional SEAP audits.
- Participation as leading regional Q-auditor in case of quality problems at supplier and/or supplier manufacturing site(s), supporting Operations.
- Support of project Quality function concerning PAP activities
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology, offering the broadest portfolio in the industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling, and provide complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver we continuously break new ground in sustainable mobility, and our integrated solutions create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. And, headquartered in Berlin, Germany, we employ around 39,850 people, with products and services operating in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Quality Assurance
Primary Location: IN-DL-Delhi
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.10.2020, 6:40:01 AM
Unposting Date: 26.11.2020, 10:59:00 PM
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Quality Engineer, Genetics, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Quality, Science