Date: Oct 28, 2020
Location:Escondido, CA, US
Your ideas move people.
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. Bombardier ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance.
We are looking for a Administrative and HR Coordinator for our Oceanside, CA area facility.
This position will be responsible for maintaining customer reporting, managing senior manager’s/site agenda, assisting with Human Resources activities utilizing advanced MS Excel, and special projects for Human Resources.
In your role, you will:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of operation and human resources strategies, policies and practices.
- Responsible for document control projects for the operational teams.
- Project general billing process – such as insurance audit, work with Procurement to set up PO/ process invoice.
- Process AAT and IT service requests - such as access to internal system, request/return laptop or cellphone.
- General asset maintenance administration of company property.
- Maintain and process company registrations related to business license renewal.
- Maintain key project data (monthly LD, Supplemental Agreement status, Task order progress).
- Process monthly/annual project reporting to customer.
- Collect/verify financial charges from Customer.
- Provides administrative support in the areas of talent acquisition; onboarding; employee development; leave administration; worker's comp; employee separations; drug and alcohol testing; payroll administration; and union labor relations. Supports employee benefits open enrollment activities; monthly reporting and employee records maintenance.
- Monitors, manages and works collaboratively to improve efficiency of support services, such as operations, finance and human resources.
- Assist with special projects and other duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or the equivalent preferred.
- Five to eight (2-4) years’ experience as an administrator.
- Two to three (2-3) years’ experience of working knowledge utilizing complex MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite with knowledge data base management and scheduling.
- Advance knowledge of MS Excel required.
- Proficient in SAP preferred.
- Human Resources experience a plus.
- Medium to heavy work, lifting up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Work in office environment
- Demonstrate auditory and visual acuity/tracking/inspection
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications--both general and technical)
- Work as a team player.
- Strong financial skills with an analytical mind and capability of synthesis.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage several priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Must pass a background screening
- Must be able to pass background screening for obtaining a military base pass
- Must pass post-offer drug & alcohol screening
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Job: Secretaries & Administrative Assistants
Primary Location: US-CA-Escondido
Other Locations:US-CA-San Diego
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 28.10.2020, 2:10:37 PM
Unposting Date: 01.09.2021, 12:59:00 AM
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segment: ERP, Administrative Assistant, Inspector, Sustainability, Payroll, Technology, Administrative, Quality, Energy, Finance