The Billing Specialist will be responsible for the accurate and timely billing of customers, including processing sales orders and preparing custom billings for key customers on a monthly basis. Additionally, the Billing Specialist will be responsible for supporting the finance team with other various ad hoc requests, such as reconciling customer budgets between financial and operational systems, preparing customer rebate reporting, and populating monthly internal and external financial reports as assigned.
- Ensure accurate and timely billing of customers
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients by working cross-functionally to answer and resolve any questions or complaints that they have related to their invoicing
- Process billing of new business contracts, change requests, and terminations
- Prepare reconciliations of client budgets between financial and operational systems. Collaborate with Account Managers and Operations to resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare customer rebate reporting and record relevant journal entries as part of the month-end procedures
- Support the Finance team in populating internal and external financial reports
- Accounting degree obtained or in process
- Previous accounting experience is preferable, but not required
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of NetSuite or SalesForce is a plus
- Excellent organizational and individual productivity skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities