Location:Brighton and Hove, ENG, GB
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit a Materials Controller based in Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom.
The Materials Controller is the primary interface between the depot team, Internal External Suppliers and the Customer.
The Materials Controller supports the team delivering our material supply obligations at shop floor level, dealing directly with the Customer, Coordinators and Materials Handlers to resolve issues as they arise in order to improve the effectiveness of the GTR Material Supply requirements, and Customer Satisfaction by maximising material availability and minimising Liquidated Damages exposure.
General and Administrative
- Maintain a professional demeanour that reflects commitment to quality, continuous improvement, diversity, and respect for individuals.
- Comply with all quality and safety requirements.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined by company / project manuals.
- Ensure Company policies & procedures are followed.
- Manage the day to day activities of the, Materials Handlers and Administrator as per defined reporting lines.
- Mitigate UMD Liquidated Damages
- Regular Material classification review.
- Material ordering & reordering MRP (Product & NPR) in line with appropriate specified Process.
- Receive Inventory in line with specified Process and issue stock in line with specified Process.
- Ensure materials are processed and controlled in accordance with the relevant Quality and Environmental Standards to include: Quarantine, Processing rejections / nonconformity and Shelf life.
- Monitor stock movement & behaviour and maintain inventory levels to ensure stock demands are successfully met and expedite internal & external suppliers.
- Ensure regular perpetual stock audits are conducted and recorded/ investigate & resolve stock discrepancies.
- Manage all SAP Processes for materials.
- Produce daily information/ feedback to Materials Manager, Engineering & Production teams and take ownership of Materials Management tools and cover for Materials Manager when required.
- Provide the relevant information / reports in a timely manner for the Project Governance process.
- Deal with Customer Queries as necessary and maintain weekly Operations board Including the KPI’s.
- Raise administer and amend DDR schedules as required.
- Responsible for problem solving where over-consumption occurs in the context of establishment of root cause.
- Order consumables, Oils and greases.
- Review and maintain the inventory Management Tool (IMT).
- Support all necessary actions to manage cost and improve profitability.
- Identify Risk and Opportunity.
- Be a positive, motivating example for other employees
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
- Manage training and development of the materials team as per reporting lines.
Equipment and Supplies
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure the maintenance and upkeep of the physical location. Ensure Office is left in a suitable condition for other staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 proven experience and track record in a similar position will be a strong advantage.
- Proficiency in the management of materials and purchasing modules in computerised business tool (SAP) would be ideal.
- Strong communications skills and good commercial acumen.
- Effective communicator with internal functions and Supplier facing.
All internal employees must inform their line manager before applying.
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
We are helping to create a better world.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Your ideas move people.
Posting date: 26/10/2020
Closing date: 25/11/2020
Competitive salary range
Number working hours: 37
Job: Controller / Comptroller
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Brighton and Hove
Employee Status: Regular
Job Segment: Accounting, Engineer, ERP, Supply, SAP, Finance, Engineering, Technology, Operations