This position can be virtual/remote, based anywhere in the United States and may require up to 15% travel into existing Alexion sites.
Position SummaryResponsible for interacting with a third party payroll vendor (ADP) administrator and Alexion Human Resources and overseeing the recording, retaining and transmitting of weekly and biweekly payroll information for US and Canada.
- Process bi-weekly and weekly US multi-state, Canadian and LATAM payrolls in ADP
- Assist with corporate accounting activities, including month-end and financial statement preparation
- Reconcile quarterly and annual payroll tax filings
- Assist employees with electronic payroll access and guidelines
- Serve as point of contact for payroll related questions, inquiries and concerns
- Administer the 401(k) and nonqualified deferred compensation plan contributions and interfacing with Company’s Trustee and third party administrator for information regarding the annual audit and filing
- Maintain payroll database for new hires, employee record changes and management approvals & authorization.
- Recording of all stock equity transactions and ensuring tax compliance and becoming familiar with the Company’s policies guiding the granting of equity
- Running the payroll/HR interface and resolving errors and discrepancy and interfacing with Alexion Human Resources
- Ensure compliance with company practices as well as federal, state and local tax, wage and benefit regulations.
- Working closely with internal and external auditors
- Provide reporting data to external departments as needed
- Work as a team player in the payroll, finance and HR department
- Independent thinker with the ability to assess issues and formulate recommendations for remediation and improvements
- Work independently with third party administrators and Company employees
- Perform other duties as required, including assisting with the payroll metrics reporting
- 3 - 5 years of experience in payroll in companies with 2000 – 5000 employees
- Experience with US multi-state, Canada payroll processing a must, LATAM payroll a plus
- Experience with Expatriates processed on US payroll
- Superior attention to detail
- Experience with ADP or other payroll software from outsourced payroll providers a must. ADP Stremline/Celergo a plus.
- Exceptional computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience with time and attendance software, Kronos a plus
- Experience with 401(k), stock equity and nonqualified deferred compensation plans
- Demonstrated experience within a high volume business
- Knowledge of SOX, state and federal payroll tax rules and regulations
- Exceptional follow through and be customer service driven
- Ability to multi-task and work under very tight deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and be self-motivated
- Strong oral and written communication skills and are able to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Fluent in Portuguese or Spanish is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- FCP or CPP certification preferred
New Haven, CT, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. As a leader in rare diseases for more than 25 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes two approved complement inhibitors to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), as well as the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG) and neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D) as well as the first and only approved Factor Xa inhibitor reversal agent. In addition, the company is developing several mid-to-late-stage therapies, including a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease, an anti-neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn) antibody for rare Immunoglobulin G (IgG)-mediated diseases and an oral Factor D inhibitor as well as several early-stage therapies, including one for light chain (AL) amyloidosis, a second oral Factor D inhibitor and a third complement inhibitor. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, metabolic disorders and cardiology. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: .
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.