About UsThe Endeavour Drink's ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmaster wines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
Wine Advisory & Education LeadAs the Wine Advisory & Education Lead, your key role is to manage the support coordinator and specialist and wine ambassador contractors and ensure this collective is strategically supporting the category strategies of the wine buying team.
Ultimately, the purpose of this role is to ensure that our customers have access to the best quality and range of wines everyday and they have the ability and knowledge to connect with wine through all of the Endeavour banners
About the RoleWine Advisory & Education Lead, you will manage and guide the Wine Support Coordinator and Wine Education Specialist as they execute quality assessments at all category range reviews, and throughout the year outside of the range review windows.
You will draw on your intimate understanding of competitors, brands, consumers & shopper trends to provide strategic guidance and advice to the wine buying team, and will provide support for other key wine projects and initiatives across the Endeavour Group.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Manage and guide the Wine Ambassadors in ensuring other key functions (incl marketing) are optimally promoting the wine category through our own channels (incl. Wine Awards, Magazines, Catalogues, Electronic Direct Marketing, Onsite etc.)
- Represent the Endeavour Group at key internal (e.g. roadshow) and external (e.g. customer tasting) events and manage and lead the Wine Ambassadors to the same ends
- Ensure better the whole wine team are better involved in and connected with the wider Wine industry through wine show, award, and other industry events
- Lead the development and roll out of internal team training and wine knowledge building initiatives across the Support Offices and our Store Teams
- Always role model the Dan Murphy’s Values and Ways of Working
About youYou will bring to the role an intimate understanding of the wine category, key varietals, regions, producers & industry - domestically & globally, and will have a demonstrated experience in wine quality assessments in a professional capacity.
Key accountabilities and desirable skills will include:
- 5+ years Retail Buying experience in the Liquor industry
- Knowledgeable and confident in the world of liquor; WSET Level 4 certified or equivalent
- Proven experience of leading others and driving a collaborative team environment
- Ability to constructively work with and across different categories and functions
- Ability to ‘speak the language’ and coordinate highly experienced & credentialed wine experts
- Proven ability to teach and educate others in the world of wine
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships
- Ability to utilise data and insights to lead decision making,
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Want to hear more? Apply via www.wowcareers.com.au or alternatively connect on Linkedin #LI for further information. #Work180
Grow with Endeavour DrinksEndeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.