Amazon delivers millions of products to hundreds of countries worldwide. Our teams possess a wide range of skills and expertise, from business analysis and inventory management to engineering. With so many Fulfilment Centers (FC) and Delivery Stations (DS) worldwide, Amazon is growing at a pace that requires the best and brightest talent to be brought in to our company to support us continue to make history.
We are seeking Graduate Shift Managers to join our Delivery Stations in various locations across Spain. These are positive, self-motivated candidates with just the right combination of leadership skills and professional business insight. This is a permanent position from day one.
You will work to continuously improve the efficiency of delivery processes, ensuring that customer orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost-effectively as possible.
In this position, you will coordinate a team of associates from day one. This kind of opportunity isn’t often presented to graduates fresh out of university. At Amazon, however, we trust the people we hire and provide plenty of support to enable you to succeed. Our culture is very learn-by-doing oriented; you will take control of your career.
Some of the things you’ll get involved in are:
- Overseeing the delivery of Amazon orders.
- Support operations leadership team in daily management, including allocating labor, directing meetings, assigning job tasks, and communicating with internal and external suppliers, including agency management representatives and their drivers.
- Finding simple, smart and innovative ways to improve how we work for the benefit of our customers and on budget, and implement that vision.
- Working to KPIs such as Delivery On Time, First Time Delivery Success and Enhancing Customer Service.
- Effectively handle relationships with driver suppliers and inspiring the workforce to achieve and exceed.
- Thinking strategically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and great organisational skills.
- Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to implement improvements.
Do you qualify?
- You obtained or are working towards a Master’s Degree. If is is related to Engineering, Operations, Logistics, or related fields, even better!
- You are willing to work in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekends.
- You speak fluent Spanish and English.
- You are flexible to relocate for the position if needed.
- Ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- You have good social and communication skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our growth. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your motivation to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, an internship or a full- time role. If it’s in a people or customer-facing environment, even better.
- A good understanding of commercial vehicle operations is desirable.
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance.
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement, with demonstrable problem solving skills.