Major Job Functions:
- Develop and support a comprehensive understanding of the external access policy and decision-maker environment and issues which influence how Edwards Business Units operate in Iberia, how this environment influences the current and future access and funding landscape,
- Lead the identification, prioritization and management of the market access and governmental strategic issues that matter to the business, in collaboration with the Country Leadership Team,
- Establish, maintain and strengthen a network of contacts with policymakers, government officials and agencies, as well as payers, HTA bodies and procurement agencies in Spain and Portugal, at national and regional levels,
- Develop and implement strategies for the constant engagement of Regional procurement agencies on Quality and Value topics,
- Define and implement cross-BU strategies aiming at the prioritization of Structural Heart Disease and critical care monitoring, patient access to innovation and innovation reward, Work in close cooperation with Business Units in delivering Edwards value proposition at Regional, local and hospital level, with the engagement and the interaction with all relevant clinical and non-clinical stakeholders,
- Support the Business in elevating the competence and knowledge of sales teams on healthcare policy issues and new trends in public procurement,
- Team up with the Country Leader in the implementation of Public Affairs and communication actions, aimed to elevate role and recognition of Edwards in the healthcare decision makers arena,
- Formulate and deliver the optimal access strategy for each of Edwards Lifesciences current and pipeline products mainly in the structural heart and critical care monitoring areas,
- Coordinating the implementation of the access action plans with local and EMEACLA teams and resources,
- Engaging with Spanish and Portuguese authorities at National and Regional level to ensure successful implementation of market access and procurement strategies, from evidence submissions to advocacy activities, adapting European value propositions to local requirements,
- Developing innovative health economics strategies, value assessment tools and economic evaluations of new technology,
- Performing constant monitoring about the changes in the health policy and funding environment and conditions for the Edwards Lifesciences portfolio.
Critical for the role is the ability to engage with the Iberia Leadership Team to build and execute strategies and plans that represent a measurable advantage for Edwards innovation and growth agenda.
He/She will be member of Edwards Iberia Leadership Team.
He/She will be Member of the European Public Affairs Community and Country Council.
Required Education and Skills:
- Master degree in Political Science, Science, Law, Economics, or Business,
- Knowledge of healthcare system, policies and trends in Spain and Portugal
- Strong network among government officials, policy makers and payers and an understanding of how things get done, with primary focus on Regional level
- Recognized as an expert in Public Affairs, Government Affairs and Market Access,
- Strong Business Acumen
- Knowledge of health economics
- To-do attitude and sense of urgency
- Ability to craft and drive key messages that support Edwards strategy and influence stakeholders
- Ability to cooperate with different functions and teams inside Edwards
- Ability to relate and network with key stakeholders inside and outside the company and recommends internal as well as external business solutions,
- Strong communication skills, oral and written. Aptitude to influence senior individuals,
- Leverage the European resources in support of the Market Access agenda in Iberia
- Ability to lead successfully projects and teams in a local as well as international, fast pace matrix environment.
- Fluent in Spanish and in English
8 to 10 years’ experience in market access, government affairs, advocacy and external engagement in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry in Spain. Track record in driving innovative payment and procurement models and solutions.
The role will operate in lean matrix organization. He/She must be comfortable balancing the demands of different internal and external stakeholders in a multicultural, multinational environment.