Position SummaryThe Senior Director Financial Planning & Analysis - North America is accountable for performing budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis that supports all corporate decisions of the CEO, CFO and the Region Leadership Team, coordinates internal controlling cross functional processes and highlights improvement possibilities, driving the change in accordance to HQ guidelines.
Nature and ScopeThe Sr. Director Financial Planning & Analysis – North America provides a range of financial support to the growth and effective management of Prysmian North America and its various business units, providing financial analysis and guidance to the VP Manufacturing, the VP Sourcing, the VP Supply Chain and the Business Unit’s VP having full visibility and accountability on the Region P&L. The role requires the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, extreme attention to detail, and consistent accurate, high quality financial analyses.
The Sr. Director FP&A North America has 10+ direct reports and a team of 30+ professionals including 10+ North American Business Unit Controllers and 23+ Plant Controllers located throughout North America.
Specific Job Duties
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures analyzing causes of variance
- Provides guidance to the leadership in the development of business strategies that identify cost improvements and operating efficiency.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Works closely with a hands-on attitude with direct and indirect reports to prepare financial analysis
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis analyzing complex financial information and reports
- Support the implementation of ERP
- Prepare presentations to Group Headquarter Senior Management Team
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Leads, develops and guides controlling staff
- Reviews and processes capital spending requests, providing financial justification based on the business plan
- Works with VP and Business Finance Managers to ensure consistency of reporting and to coordinate cohesive company results.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating analysis/reporting experience within a Multi-National Manufacturing company
- Prior performance management of sizeable teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, SAP a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- MBA preferred, CPA a plus
- Minimum 10 years’ FP&A experience at a Director level
- in multinational corporation
Prysmian Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.