AREA DESCRIPTIONThe purpose of the Future Media team within Connectivity Innovation is to uncover and harness the power of connectivity to unleash Media's potential. This means giving storytellers, broadcasters, distributors, consumers and creators of media & entertainment the most advanced connectivity tools to turn into reality the experiences they dream of. We are building the connectivity products for the Media of the Future.
We interiorize this vision and relate needs to what the most advance technologies offer (Edge Computing, 5G, virtualization, network programmability), combining and applying them to Telefónica's assets, so that the network becomes an enabler and accelerator of Media Innovation. We create and ship new connectivity products with the objective of driving the next revenue growth source for Telefónica by transforming its network as fast as possible. We bring the hustle of startup culture to a company with massive scale and impact.
Our team is diverse, in backgrounds, cultures, gender, , preferences, styles and skills and we celebrate that diversity through trust-based teamwork with a heavy emphasis in collaboration, open dialague, and cross-functional work.
MISSIONAs a Front End Engineer in this team, you will build software, tools, infrastructure, documentation and other systems that are central to the development and shipping of products that leverage connectivity to enable the next generation of Media. You will drive our 5G Records project in Madrid for the next 2 years.
You will be joining a team of highly motivated intrapreneurs on a quest to transform Telefónica’s Network and change the game. If you are passionate about technology, connectivity and media, this is the place for you.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESIn this role you will:
- Work with network engineers to bring up connectivity Beta product for Future Media (Virtualized Media Production) with a keen eye on scalability, reliability and usability.
- Build software, tools, infrastructure, documentation and other systems that enable product, leveraging existing Future Media Connectivity ecosystem (Open Programmable Network Slicing for WebRTC, Programmable Connectivity and/or virtualized Media Production prototypes). Including Use Case & Product Front End, Connectivity Back End, Fast prototyping & Demos.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team informing the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software & connectivity solutions for Future Media, matched by flawless execution, testing and iteration.
- Leverage Telefónica’s infrastructure and its ecosystem to build scalable microservices on VMware cloud
- Contribute in creating a positive work environment based on trust, accountability, kindness, and clarity, in collaboration with the business, engineering, data, and product team members.
- Curiosity, Openness and Adaptability are required. You will be expected to learn constantly (esp. on subjects regarding connectivity), as well as to educate the team in the areas of your expertise.
NATURE OF PROBLEMS & CHALLENGES Technical
EDUCATION REQUIREDBachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Programming, or similar. Or equivalent, demonstrable experience.
- You have a track record of strong leadership, judgment and delivery. You are a go-getter: you take calculated risks and you DELIVER in an accountable way. You are able to lead even without formal authority.
- You are known for being empathetic. As a strong team player, you have a proven ability to work cooperatively with various cross functional teams, and with all levels of seniority. You are self-motivated, adaptable, self-critical and open to feedback.
- You are a ninja. Your operational savviness is off-the-charts and you are masterfully able to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously, and within a constantly changing environment; keeping focus on execution and delivering results consistently.
- You’re are diplomatic. You address conflict head-on with one focus in mind: Drive Telefónica's next revenue growth source by uncovering and harnessing the power of connectivity to unleash Media's potential; and you are mindful of others when managing agendas and egos.
- You are logical and methodical, paying attention to detail but without losing the big picture. You have excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity.
- Agile Methodologies
- Jira & Confluence
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating System. Bash and PowerShell
- Experience with Audiovisual Engineering and production SW highly desirable
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE At least 2 years in digital product development, preferrably in connectivity or network related products.
Demonstrable experience covering the technical knowledge and skills required.
LANGUAGESSpanish, English desirable
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONContrato por Obra y Servicio por 2 años (duración del proyecto)
If you join TelefónicaYou join almost 100 years of history, you join a team of 106 nationalities present in more tan 35 countries. You join a team that works to connect people wherever they are. We are leading the digital revolution with the enthusiasm of the first day in all our businesses, creating the best digital ecosystem for our clients: network, IoT, cloud, security, innovation etc. Here, at Telefónica you count with everything you need to be the best you. We need people like you that wants to take this challenge of creating the Telefónica of tomorrow.
Telefonica is committed to the new working ways. Under our proposition “Disconnect to Reconnect” we have applied the Digital Disconnection.