About Prysmian GroupPrysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power transmission and distribution, as well as medium low voltage cables for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and connectivity for voice, video and data transmission for the telecommunication sector. We are almost 29.000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a company that is helping transform the world around us.
(video – “Make your mark” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVx-NAGfjEs&feature=embtitle)
Team Overview and Job responsibilitiesThe Head of Academy will have the responsibility to lead the global Development team on the overall trainings and development initiatives, design and manage together with the best universities across the globe the content portfolio, define and cascade the training strategy across the globe ensuring consistency. The aim of this role is to ensure high quality trainings, innovation in terms of tools and employee experience. The Academy has the objective to define contents, review the structure of the trainings for all the schools (Business school, Professional school and Digital school), ensure external benchmark and monitors results achieved through data and KPIs. Being a managerial role that has to combine passion for training and content, focused on people, project management activity because it is a huge and complex environment to address and innovative approach.
Within the HR organization, The Global People Development team plays a key role on recruiting, onboarding and developing Prysmian employees to ensure a Global “Best in Class” employee experience. The Head of Academy reports directly to the VP and has the responsibility to lead the whole Group Academy portfolio strategy, ensure alignment and coordination with the Region and to boost for innovation. In this challenging time, this role has become even more strategic and crucial due to the need to reach all the employees across the globe virtually and reviewing all the contents in partnership with the main Universities across the globe. Prysmian Group Academy has the responsibility to drive all the development employees experience through trainings/contents at different level:
- Business School (It is focused on leadership development and strategic mindset for our managers and executives)
- Professional School (It is focused mainly on technical skills and functional development)
- Digital School (It has been recently designed to offer everyone, from everywhere and at any time, the basis for development in terms of digital innovation, managerial skills and functional expertise)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a senior expert that has gained a significant experience in HR, designing and delivering innovative trainings and able to suggest new innovative approaches for the whole Academy.
Key expectations on the role:
- Be the reference point for our senior managers and internal lecturers boosting their teaching skills/ capabilities;
- Boost a development culture as key pillar for the business
- Understand and anticipate the needs expressed by Leaders at local, regional and global level
- Lead the People development team across the globe customizing initiatives where needed
- Contribute to create and boost the digital mindset through Workday implementation
- Define the priorities, the calendar and the content of the trainings harmonizing priorities
- Design with main Partners the best way to engage our attendees and get effective results;
- Ensure upskilling for the people development team in terms of training expertise
- Monitor and maximise the investment of the budget with a clear ROI
- Promote the activities of the Professional Academy working with our communication department
- Support alignment between performance, talent, reward and development initiatives
- International experience and fluent English language knowledge
- At least 10+ years HR, training and people development professional experience, mainly in global and matrix Companies
- Strong project management expertise
- High level of knowledge of trainings content and programs at global level
- Innovative mindset and approach
- Digital approach
- Reporting and data analysis ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Focus on developing people
- Organized and ability to manage priorities
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements. Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian Group will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.