Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cables systems industry with over 140 years of experience. The Group is present in more than 50 countries, with more than 29,000 employees across 112 plants around the globe. Each year, the Group manufactures thousands of miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power transmission and distribution, as well as medium and low voltage cables for the construction and infrastructure sectors. The Group also produces a comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and connectivity systems for voice, video and data transmission for the telecommunication sector.
Prysmian Group relies on the expertise of its people to provide solutions and services that deliver value to major commercial customers located in every continent. We view the quality of our human resource management as fundamental to the success of our business.
Draka Philippines, Inc., a member of the Prysmian Group engaged in the Automotive business, is currently in need of a competitive and dynamic individual to fill in the position for:
Financial Planning and Controls Lead(Finance Team)
Job Location: Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu
The qualified candidate will report to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for the generation of financial reports and the input of financial data into the Hyperion (consolidation tool), ensuring that the numbers are accurate, logical, and consistent with the Group’s policies and procedures. As such, the qualified candidate is expected to have a solid understanding of the end-to-end accounting processes in order to proactively support management in the review of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet accounts, ensuring that they are used and maintained in accordance to the group accounting manual.
Core responsibilities include:
- Support the activities related to accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cost control, and others, ensuring integrity of data reporting into Hyperion (group consolidation tool);
- Support the management in interpreting the periodic results against expectations (i.e. against management plans and forecasts);
- Support the analysis of plant profitability and manufacturing efficiencies;
- Support the local plant organization in maintaining a sound standard costing system that can support the interpretation of financial information on costs, prices, expenses and revenues; and
- Support the management of commodity risks (particularly metals) through derivatives or hedging.
The position also requires a good background on internal control systems over financial processes, sufficient to assess whether they are consistently performed and are effective. The qualified candidate is expected to actively participate in the periodic attestation on governance policies and procedures.
- Certified Public Accountant is highly preferred;
- Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion is highly preferred;
- Well-versed in the preparation and analysis of Financial Statements;
- Good team player, able to collaborate with colleagues in different departments;
- Above average skills in Microsoft Excel;
- Working knowledge on Philippine Tax Laws and PEZA regulations will be an advantage.
Qualified interested applicants are encouraged to send their application letter, comprehensive resume and photo:
DRAKA PHILIPPINES, INC.
Mactan Ecozone II
Basak, Lapu-lapu City
Or email to: