Head of Operations
Date: Jul 8, 2020
Location:Kuala Lumpur, KL, MY
Head of Operations-TAUS-MAKU02337728
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Head of Operations, SEA.
About the role:
Drives the entire value chain to make sure that the site fully delivers the committed results in terms of project delivery and all agreed KPIs. Responsibilities include the development and management of operations, engineering and / or project management functions pertaining to the respective site and / or project. Lead the site management team, develop active leadership and positive interdepartmental and labour relations. Leads the deployment of HSE and Operational Excellence to ensure effective cooperation between all functions.
Supports all Operational activities within the SEA region as and when required. Including but not limited to development of facility design & associated process flows, Transfer of Technology (ToT) requirements, leadership of Gate Review, Strategic support to Bids & Sales, etc.
- Direct and organize Site organisation to provide an excellent level of performance and on time delivery of projects and products, to enhance Bombardier Customer centered culture. Lead by setting ambitious targets and by following a structured PDCA process on all levels and through all functions. Responsible for Site Business Plan
- Create structure and processes for efficient collaboration along the whole value chain including Engineering and / or Project management. Drive change culture in HSE, site leadership team, fostering employee engagement
- Support the development of strategies that capitalize on competitive advantage, cross-functional and cross-sites. Strategic support to Bids & Sales
- Manage the site’s capital investments and represent the site within the DIV / BU network and in companywide initiatives. Maximise fixed asset utilisation.
- Monitor performance of different process and the progress resulting from the installed improvement programs.
- Establish a clear site leadership within the site. Ensure the development of people within the site and that all staff at the site is informed and motivated to contribute to the performance of the site; ensure equity of treatment of staff.
- Represent the site internally and externally including labour relations, local government and customers.
- Foster the development of cross-functional and cross-site contracts, participate in cross-site and cross-functional benchmarking and ensure the implementation of best practices within the local site.
- Ensure resource and budget planning and control for area of responsibility. Ensure the compliance of the local operation with all applicable health, safety, environmental policies, standards and regulations.
- Cooperation on the execution of contracts and exchange of best practices with other site general managers across the Bombardier Transportations operations & manufacturing network.
- Responsibility for delivering cost effective shared services like IS, accounting / accounting, facilities management, etc
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
- Degree or equivalent tertiary qualifications.
Relevant experience required
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in Operational roles, preferably within the rail industry. Experienced in leading across varied functional levels and cultures.
Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
- Manufacturing, Technical Services, Planning, Quality and HSE job experience plus insight in the other interfacing functions such as labour relations, staff development, Change Management, etc. Thorough understanding of financials, commercials and budget responsibility. Awareness of current development of operations strategies and technologies.
High proficiency with MS Office. Sound understanding of scheduling tooling and subsequent outputs
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology, offering the broadest portfolio in the industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling, and provide complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver we continuously break new ground in sustainable mobility, and our integrated solutions create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. And, headquartered in Berlin, Germany, we employ around 36,000 people, with products and services operating in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: MY-KL-Kuala Lumpur
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 08.07.2020, 12:20:28 PM
Unposting Date: 07.08.2020, 11:59:00 PM
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Genetics, Engineer, Program Manager, Operations, Science, Engineering, Management