Head of Quality Brugge
Date: Jul 8, 2020
Location:Brugge, WV, BE
Head of Quality Brugge-TFRR-SEVS02336479
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
The Head of Quality defines and deploys the Quality vision of Brugge site, in line with the Regional Quality vision and with the BT Quality Strategy, Quality Policy, and overall business objectives.
He/she assures that all processes related to the delivery of a product meet customer quality and safety requirements. They will also coordinate all project quality related activities with the various functions (Project Management, Procurement, Engineering, Operations etc.).
Head of Quality Brugge is mandated to reject or block, any non-conforming deliverables (e.g. products, documents) which could create safety or relevant quality problems from being released. He/she ensures that appropriate verification and validation methods are applied and that operational processes are defined, followed and monitored. He/she ensures that problem solving methodology is deployed to continuously improve quality performance.
- Management of Site quality vision, people, budget and team development
- Ensures processes implementation and compliance to ISO, IRIS and applicable standards, in line with BT & Regional Quality Strategy with support of Regional QMS lead
- Co-ordinates the Quality organization within M7 project, ensuring that quality related project targets are met. Governs all quality resources on the project, leads quality performance of the project and reports on all relevant Quality KPIs, acting as the Quality Authority in the M7 Project Core Team.
- Defines, schedules and agrees all customer interface points and reports on customer products acceptance
- Drives, supports and monitors the effectiveness of all Quality improvement initiatives
- Drives and supports the successful implementation, stabilization and improvements of Quality operational activities (deployment of AES , problem solving methodology).
- Has management responsibilities (strategy, budget, people and team development ) and ensures that certifications are managed correctly. Has the responsibility and opportunity to build a strong team, with people of the right skills and ensures that all Quality processes, methods and tools are updated to the business needs, implemented and followed rigorously.
- The Head of Quality always ensures that the basics are in place (quality awareness, processes, methods, tools, and people) and continuously drives to improve and challenge the status quo. He/she creates an atmosphere in the true sense of a quality culture which they drive in all functions.
- Degree in engineering, electronics or related technical field
- Extensive professional experience in quality management, preferably in large multinational companies
- Strong leadership skills and experience.
- Knowledge of Quality tools (including problem solving, 8D, FMEA and/ or other)
- Demonstrable experience in strong communication at all levels inside a company and from external providers and national authorities.
- Analytical, methodological and organizational skills
- A strong continuous improvement mind-set
- Curious, positive, supportive, non-judgmental with a passion to improve, reliable, trustful and convincing. Has a strong quality mindset and is action oriented.
- Fluency in English, Dutch and French
- Availability to travel
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: General Management
Primary Location: BE-WV-Brugge
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 08.07.2020, 10:16:23 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Job Segment: Genetics, Engineer, Quality Manager, Procurement, Quality, Science, Engineering, Operations