Requisition ID: req9559
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Manager (National Position)
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Job DescriptionBackground/IRC Summary:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director of Operations, the Senior Supply Chain Manager is the Supply Chain Lead responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all procurement, warehousing and property inventory, equipment. Collaboration the asset, and fleet reports across all field sites ensuring the appropriate safeguarding of all IRC assets and provide the support and training to relevant IRC Thailand staff. This position will require regular travel to provide technical back stopping support to the field-based supply staff and provision on oversight to ensure compliance to IRC, donors policy and procedure.
- Responsible for setting up and management long term agreements (Master Purchase Agreements). Update list on a regular basis and circulate to relevant staff.
- Responsible for Due Diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, and anti-terrorism compliance) for Suppliers and Contracted Suppliers record management.
- Ensure the ATC clearances with Compliance Unit and Authorized and Contracted Suppliers list, and also distribute to concerned people.
- Manage MPA Suppliers to ensure in terms of quality, delivery time, and value for money, etc.
- Conduct market surveys in key procurement categories to ensure that IRC is receiving best value for money.
- Focal point for all international procurement conducted through IRC headquarters and regional offices.
- Prepare Requests for Proposal and manage contract/tender processes.
- Conduct and support tender Process for Thailand Program including tender evaluation, negotiation with winning bidders, drafting contracts and oversight of contracts and release and distribute Procurement Threshold twice a year in March and September to all IRC staff.
- Support procurement function to coordinate with logistics services providers and Personal Effect companies for distribution and transportation of goods and services by working closely with Admin & Logistics Manager
- Effectively manage suppliers and vendors contract, quality & delivery, selection system, performance rating), auditing, etc.
- Consolidate all Procurement Planning from each site and share to Deputy Director of Operations for review and onward submission to IRC Global Supply Chain Unit.
- Analyze PR tracking reports from all sites, noting any significant delays in procurement.Provide analysis and recommendations for improvement to Admin & Logistics Manager for further discussion and action.
- Provide monthly procurement projections to the finance department based on procurements ready for payment in the following 30 days.
- Provide procurement commitment reports to finance department on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all procurement records are completed and clearly supporting documents needed all steps in the Procurement process according to IRC and donor policies and procedures..
- Ensure Procurement documentation and record management is continually updated on a weekly basis per SOPs and donor requirements.
- Ensure that compliance with policies is documented through systematic and random verifications of policy implementation and logistics records.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure there are no negative audit observations/findings related to Logistics. If required, corrective actions plans are developed & implemented to address audit findings.
- Ensure that all IRC Thailand practices are compliant with global IRC and donor policies.
- Identify and report on any procurement red flags. Provide training to Procurement Tender Committee on red flags.
Warehouse & Inventory Management
- Maintain the Prologs Warehouse Inventory management module in coordination with logistic officers in all sites.
- Analyze drug template with extensive support to Health Coordinator as act as focal point person to Global Pharmacist advisor
- Ensure warehouses inventories are recorded accurately on a regular basis in Prologs System.
- Work with field-based logistics staff to ensure regular Spot Checks, Monthly 20% Cycle Counting, Warehouse Inspections are conducted for all warehouse sites, both inside and outside refugee camps.
- Lead fiscal year end and grant end inventory counts in all sites and assist field sites with these counts where necessary.
- Provide field logistics teams with technical support in respect to appropriate processes for ordering, receiving, distributing, stocking and updating of all warehouse inventories.
- Ensure adequate drug storage and cold chain management for health supplies as per Pharma S.O.Ps.
- Provide drug and non-drug inventory information for the monthly Global Supply Chain report.
Training and Outreach
- Identify training needs within the Supply Chain areas i.e. Inventory, Asset and in each field site.
- Lead refresher training programs for field Logistics staff in the areas of Inventory, Asset and
- Conduct Prologs training in all sites for Warehouse, Asset & Vehicle modules.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Deputy Director Operations
- Degree in logistics management, administration or related field.
- At least seven (7) years experience in logistics and supply chain management including with an international NGO and in field locations preferably
- Able to coach and advise team members remotely
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the area of technical skill training. Able to analyze and manage a country program.
- Experience working with rules and regulations of major international donors.
- Experience working in complex and rapidly changing operating environments.
- Systems-focused, results-driven, positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, and a focus on team building.
- Good MS Office skills i.e. Excel and Word and database skills.
- English proficiency professional and Thai with professional level
The position will be based in the IRC office in Bangkok, regularly required to travel to field offices.