Primary Location: Sofia, Save this jobRemove Saved Job
Additional Location(s): Sofia, Bulgaria
Are you passionate about hands on design and development of backend services? Are you inspired by innovation? It's this combination of gusto and analytical skills we need. If you have experience in driving a project/product to completion & further supporting it in production for multiple releases, then you are invited to apply.
This is an opportunity for working on the new Software Defined Data Center as a Service (SDDCaaS) offering. Our vision is to expand our well-established Availability capabilities in On-Prem Data Center to the Cloud. You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that is working on a state of the art Cloud features like Multi-AZ, Elastic Clusters, Globally Available Services, etc.
VMware SDDCaaS enables customers to rapidly spin up cloud-hosted, enterprise-grade and secure data centers that are operationally consistent with vSphere-based private clouds. With the same architecture on-premises and in the cloud, IT teams can now realize the value of the hybrid cloud.
- You master the entire life-cycle including research, design, application and deployment architecture, development, testing (dev owns quality), continuous deployment and continuous delivery up until to production.
- You will develop complex, highly available, distributed, cloud-based solutions, and maintain its high level of quality software.
- Monitor resource allocation, consumption, and performance.
- Engage in service software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Challenge you to walk in a different path and to deliver quickly while maintaining a high quality
- Deep understanding of object-oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Proven background in fundamentals of computer science and development process.
- Experience in one or more of: Java, C++, Python, Go.
- Experience with web services (rest, soap, Wsdl, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing).
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with SaaS development and CI/CD tools.
- Experience in crafting, analyzing and operating large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with container orchestrators (Kubernetes, Docker Native Orchestration, Mesos, Docker Swarm)
- Familiarity with running web services at scale.
- Exposure to building and monitoring cloud based services.
- Experience with public clouds (AWS, GCP).
- Operational experience with networking (WAN or LAN) and an understanding of network theory
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is eligible for the JoinVMC Enhanced ERP Campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Entry Level
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-07-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2008094 Primary Location: Sofia, Additional Location(s): Sofia, Bulgaria