United States - Texas - Houston
Job Profile Summary
BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models.
The Security Data Service team’s mission is to empower its customers to understand and improve the security posture of BP by providing a consolidated, easy to use data platform for reporting and analytics.
We are seeking an Information Security Engineering Specialist with strong technical expertise in Big Data, who is interested in joining this new squad to help build and operate this service and the underlying products. As a key member of this team, you will be working as part of the small empowered, customer-centric squad to deliver this consolidated, easy to use data platform for reporting and analytics.
Team: As part of the delivery team, you will play an integral role in building the entire team’s skillset, including your own. You will help the team grow and deliver the most agile and commercially cost-effective solutions for information security engineering.
Security Engineering: You will provide sound technical expertise in support of information security & risk activities specific to Information Security Engineering. You will facilitate the delivery of security solutions to projects across design, building and execution phases. You will support the development and implementation of information security controls and report on their effectiveness. Supporting the implementation and application of relevant operating processes and procedures, you will also ensure all activities adhere to the relevant standards. You will report on the effectiveness of security procedures and make appropriate recommendations as well as drive their implementation.
Relationships: You will develop a strong working rapport with other team members to drive innovative initiatives. You will liaise with various teams and senior stakeholders across BP, to advise on information security and risks. You will manage third party service providers that are helping to deliver related projects as required. You will use your abilities to influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way.
Technology: You will bring good hands-on skills in key technologies. You will use your ability to rapidly assess and identify the potential of new technologies with a commercial mindset.
Safety and Compliance: The safety of our people and customers is our highest priority. You will champion a culture of operational safety and ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance and improve our digital security.
Focus on experience rather than education.
A tertiary level education and/or equivalent relevant work experience is required.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
Job Requirements will include:
- Build logging and analytics capability for SDS for operational checks
- Ensure that all logging is setup correctly for all services
- Build Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates for deployment of data products into production
- Refine and update services with recommendations from Azure Security Center
- Creation of build and release pipelines for all SDS deployments
- Streamline reporting and alerting to individual users or groups and remediate all pipeline failures
- Monthly patching of VMs and automation of these processes
- Assist with build of flexible data APIs that support the ingestion, or the consumption needs of the data lake and its customers.
- Assist with creation and management of ETL jobs.
- Engage in efforts to derive more value out of our data and enable operational excellence.
- Debug issues as they arise
- Experience with DevOps on Azure and AWS cloud environments.
- Experience with ETL Tooling preferably in Azure and AWS
- Scripting Languages: Python, C#, PowerShell (at least one of them)
- Experience with Agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts as applied to data driven analytics projects. Including CI/CD Coding, security testing best practice and standards.
- Experience with designing, building, and operating analytics solutions using Azure and AWS cloud technologies
- Data Management experience e.g. large volume data handling and data wrangling
- Experience in automated data driven testing
- DB Programming: relational dbs (SQL), nonrelational (NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- You have the relevant experience in either an internal or external information security and risk role, or similar.
- You pride yourself on having advanced technical knowledge and experience in delivering security solutions, providing technical advice and overseeing security processes for the specialism.
- You have a great experience in stakeholder management.
- You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You are an effective team player, naturally looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others and building trust-based relationships across IT&S and BP, while applying cultural sensitivity.
- You are self-aware and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
- You apply judgment and common sense at scale – you use insight and good judgment to deliver commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- Engineering and management of Azure and AWS storage solutions (ADLS, S3)
- Experience with Azure and AWS analytics components including Data Lake, Power BI, Data Factory, HDInsight, SQL DB/DW and SSIS.
- Exposure to Machine Learning capabilities within Azure and AWS
In IT&S we are committed to providing flexible working arrangements. Agile or flexible working encompasses a wide range of working options, which help people to achieve their full potential. It is more than ad-hoc home working or part time working; it’s about role modelling BP’s IT technology to get a job done, in a way that works well for both the business and our employees.
So even if a job is advertised as full time, please reach out to the hiring manager or the recruiter if you would like flexible working arrangements to be considered.
Corporate & Functions
Job Family Group
United States of America
At BP, we’re involved in every aspect of the energy system. With over 73,000 employees in 78 countries, we’re constantly working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions, every day. Everyone here has a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future, whether they work in business support, legal, technology, HR, communications, audit or more. They keep our business performing brilliantly and driving the transition to a low carbon future. Join BP and help us change the way we power up the world.